Review of Cross Intents

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Clauson Justin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: Winter Kill by ej pepper

Review of Cross Intents

Post by Clauson Justin »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Cross Intents" by Scott Wells.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Cross Intents: The Baptism is a Christian fiction novel written by Scott R. Wells. The book is the second entry in the Cross Intents trilogy, which follows the upbringing of Jesus Christ from his birth to his baptism. Like the first part, the book is written largely from the perspective of angels and explores their conflict with the forces of darkness as well as their duties in service of the King.

Following the birth of Jesus Christ in the first book, Herod learns about the birth of the King and seeks to kill him. Joseph and Mary are prompted to flee to Egypt with Jesus. Eventually, they return to Nazareth, where Jesus grows up and is instructed in the scriptures by Raziel as well as the carpentry trade by Joseph. Also, we see John begin his ministry by preaching and baptizing, thus preparing the way for the Messiah. But the forces of evil are never far away, always plotting and attacking. Elric and his angels must protect Jesus until his ministry begins. This proves even more difficult now that all demons know that the King is mortal. Witness the battle between good and evil yet again in this epic book.

There is so much to love about this book. The brilliant writing that made the first book so great is very evident in this one. The author yet again seamlessly weaves scriptural facts with fiction so well that it's truly a joy to read. A brilliant example of this is how the Elric sword became the beacon the Magi followed to meet Jesus. The author did well to build up suspense in many parts of the book, which has to be very difficult considering how well-known the subject matter is. I found this book to be a lot more emotionally engaging than the first one, as many parts had me watery-eyed. An instance of this was when John had to deal with the deaths of his parents, considering that he was a Nazarite and could not touch the dead. The book made me consider a lot of things that are not discussed about Jesus, like how he had to submit to his earthly parents despite being the King. He also had to be the man of the house following his father's passing. My greatest takeaway from the book has to be the power of Scripture. I witnessed it transform the Magi and its power was also seen in the life of John.

I could not find any negative issues with the book. I should warn, though, that once you pick it up, it is extremely difficult to put down.

I found no errors in this book. It was properly edited. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars; its compelling writing and important message make it quite deserving of this rating. I recommend this book to lovers of Christian novels. Despite having its plot around Christian scripture, it is still suitable for any curious reader.

Cross Intents
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
McDonald Lauren
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mcdonald-lauren.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by McDonald Lauren »

Through the lens of angels, the book magnificently portrays the conflicts between darkness and light, depicting the challenges faced by Joseph, Mary, and the young Jesus amidst the lurking threats of evil forces. The narrative's epic scope vividly captures the ongoing battle between good and evil, offering readers a compelling glimpse into this timeless struggle.
Aaron Joseph Maupin
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aaron-joseph-maupin.html
Latest Review: Embrace Your Age by JAMES B. FLAHERTY ... An octogenarian with a bright future.

Post by Aaron Joseph Maupin »

This review is highly positive, highlighting the seamless blend of scriptural facts and fiction, emotional engagement, and the power of Scripture in the book. The reviewer found no negative issues, stating it is a compelling read with an important message. The review appears to be helpful, sufficient, and likely to motivate others to buy the book. Overall, the book seems to be a valuable addition to anyone's library based on the reviewer's perspective.
Lisa P Cowling
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-p-cowling.html
Latest Review: The Angel of Death Origins by Laurent Cousineau

Post by Lisa P Cowling »

I read a review of the third book earlier today. I was intrigued and wanted to read the first two books. This review increases my desire to do so. The book really does have an interesting storyline.
Donaking
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Donaking »

This review provides a positive and engaging perspective on "Share Cross Intents: The Baptism" by Scott R. Wells, the second book in the Cross Intents trilogy. The reviewer praises the author's seamless blending of scripture with fiction, the emotional depth of the story, and the exploration of lesser-discussed aspects of Jesus' life. The reviewer points out the compelling suspense and the power of Scripture portrayed in the book. There are no negative issues mentioned, and the book is highly recommended for both Christian novel lovers and curious readers. Overall, it appears to be a captivating and well-written read, deserving of a 5 out of 5 star rating.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”