Review of Return To Orchid Island

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 297
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: McCurdy Investigations by Melvin Deforest
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Review of Return To Orchid Island

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Return To Orchid Island" by Terry Spring.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Return to Orchid Island by Terry Spring takes a behind-the-scenes look at the glamorous film industry and is set in Sydney Australia. Readers get a glimpse of the fascinating process of making a movie in an exotic location in this captivating work of fiction. Russell MacDonald is the Director of a film called Return to Orchid Island. This film is a sequel to Selling Orchid Island, a huge blockbuster released a year ago. The cast has reunited to see if lightning will strike twice and result in another blockbuster. Brett Labonte and Lola Delacruz are the Hollywood stars reprising their roles in the second film. They had amazing chemistry in the first film, so fans are anxiously awaiting the second installment.

Sprinkled throughout the story are excerpts from gossip columns and fan pages implying that the lead characters are also romantically involved in real life. This creates hardships for the actors since they each have personal lives that are not so glamorous. Brett is recently married with a new baby. He constantly must respond to gossip and rumors about his marriage. Lola is in an unhappy marriage with a dangerous crime boss who she is in the process of leaving. When unexplained accidents and hazards begin occurring around the set, the police investigate. To find out who is behind the mysterious happenings, you will have to read Return to Orchid Island. Reality is not as glamorous as the gossip columns would have people believe.

I enjoyed reading this book very much. The characters were interesting, and each had complex backgrounds that added to the story. When mysterious things started happening on the set, there were multiple possibilities for the culprit. The mystery will keep readers guessing until the very end. In addition to the mysterious happenings, the interaction between the characters as they try to complete the film is entertaining. I particularly loved the dialogue. It was witty and reflected the diverse personalities of the characters.

I recommend this book to readers who enjoy reading mystery novels or have an interest in a fictional look at the film industry. The focus is not only on the actors. There are issues with the studio and discussions about the production process that move the story along. There were also interesting and entertaining characters on the crew of the film. It was a very enjoyable book. The locations described in the book will captivate readers.

Even though I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book, it has more than ten errors. That is the only negative aspect of the book. The story and character development are worthy of a perfect score. However, due to the number of errors, I give this book a rating of 4 out of 5 stars. With additional editing, I would give it a perfect score.

Return To Orchid Island
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”