Review of Nancy and Anna’s Never- Ending Friendship

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Theresa Moffitt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 297
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theresa-moffitt.html
Latest Review: McCurdy Investigations by Melvin Deforest
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 45%

Review of Nancy and Anna’s Never- Ending Friendship

Post by Theresa Moffitt »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Nancy and Anna’s Never- Ending Friendship" by Saanvi Talwar.]
Book Cover
3 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Nancy and Anna’s Never-Ending Friendship by Saanvi Talwar is a book for young readers. It consists of twenty-seven chapters devoted to a young girl named Nancy Drew and her best friend. Nancy’s best friend, Anna, has been away at camp. Nancy misses her and the fun they had together. When Anna returned home from camp, she was different. She talked about camp and the new friends she made there. Nancy thought they would pick up where they left off when Anna got home, but she felt left out. Before Anna left for camp, the girls loved to solve mysteries. Nancy was anxious to find new mysteries to solve when Anna returned home.

Through the course of the book, the girls met new people and Nancy began to work on solving a mystery by asking a lot of questions. Although some of the characters seemed annoyed with the young girl’s inquisitive nature, they played along and answered her questions. Gradually, Nancy gathered information that led her to question some of the things that were happening in their little town. In addition to working on mysteries, the girls engaged in typical best friend behavior. For example, they had sleepovers and went out for ice cream. They seemed very close and were best friends for a very long time. They also treated each other’s family as their own.

I appreciated how the author depicted the relationship between the two young girls. It seemed realistic and relatable. Each girl worried about making friends and fitting in with others. The book reflects a time when girls learn about themselves and the type of people they want to be. That aspect of the book will be appreciated by girls. They will be able to relate to the characters. The parents are also realistic. Some parents in the book are more supportive and available than others, but there is an obvious love and respect between parent and child.

What I liked most about the book was the dialogue. The friendship and teasing nature of the girls is conveyed very well. The terminology and mannerisms that they use are consistent with what you would expect from young girls. The author captured that time in the characters’ lives very well. What I liked least about the book were the errors. There were over ten errors in the book. The errors became distracting at times. With additional editing, this book would be deserving of a perfect rating. It captures the innocence and adventurous nature of these girls very well.

I give this book a rating of 3 out of 5 stars. This rating is due to the number of errors. They were distracting at times and took away from my enjoyment of the book. With additional editing, I recommend it for young readers who enjoy mysteries and chapter books. The characters are entertaining, and the book teaches lessons about friendship that are relatable for readers.

Nancy and Anna’s Never- Ending Friendship
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tobi Adefila
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tobi-adefila.html
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by Tobi Adefila »

Well a lot happens when very close friends stay apart for a while. This is an amazing review by the way. Thanks!
Latest Review: EMA by Aian D. Grey
Clauson Justin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: You Own Me by Susan Shumaker

Post by Clauson Justin »

I think there's a lot in the book that readers will find interesting. I can relate to Nancy's feeling of being left out when her friend meets new people and has new experiences. I believe I will enjoy the book.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”