Review of The Latitude

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Isaac Oh
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-isaac-oh.html
Latest Review: Trees For the Forest by Paul Ownman

Review of The Latitude

Post by Isaac Oh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Latitude" by Pete Clements.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The effect of drug abuse on society is alarming. But these drugs would not be abused if they were not smuggled into the country by the bad, bloodthirsty men who want to make money by all means. The Latitude by Pete Clements is a story about how a group of friends encountered some drug traffickers and their attempt to survive.

Bill Burton was a skydiving instructor who was involved in a fatal accident that nearly claimed his life. In fact, his survival was a miracle, and he held a world record for surviving a jump from that height. His accident came as a surprise because every skydiver packed their parachute, and he was sure he packed it well, except someone else tampered with it. After spending a long time in the hospital, his mother suggested that he fly to Florida to get some tan and also help his dad in the groves. Bill went to Florida, where he met Casey Lee Christy, the manager of Burton Groves. On getting to Florida, Bill discovered a secret which may be associated with his failed jump. He also discovered that some drug lords were using the groves as a site for operations. His presence became a threat, and these drug lords wouldn't back down until he was no longer a threat to their business. Together with his friends, he tries to take down these drug lords. Will Bill succeed? Will they get to him first? Will Bill find out what happened to his backpack? Grab this book to find out.

I must say that I completely enjoyed this book. The twists were not predictable. In fact, the author always kept surprising me, especially at the end. I always had my doubts about Mickey, but I did not expect her true identity to be what it was. The storyline is amazing. It contained a lot of action and mysteries which were uncovered. Betrayal and the quest for money were the major themes that drove the actions of some of the characters. The conversations were amazing. They were catchy. The author showed his prowess in movie directing through this book. It was like I was watching a movie. This book ended perfectly, and I loved it.

The author did an amazing job on this book, and although it was not too lengthy, I think it could have been shorter. Some chapters only introduced the characters, and I felt like it was unnecessary and that it just added to the length of the book. I feel that the characters could have been developed in a better way instead of giving each character a separate chapter. However, this observation did not in any way affect my flow while reading this book. This book was filled with lots of action and thrillers, and I enjoyed it. I also like how it addresses societal issues such as drug trafficking and bribery. It displayed the consequences of indulging in such practices or conspiring with the culprits.

I am gladly rating this book 4 out of 4 stars because the author brought this book to life. I also loved that it was exceptionally edited, and I did not come across a single error while reading it. Furthermore, I recommend this book to lovers of crime thrillers and mystery novels. There is a lot of suspense in this book, which will keep you clinging to it. Children shouldn't be allowed to read this book because of the profanities and sexual scenes in it.

The Latitude
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Fams Pee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fams-pee.html
Latest Review: Karmic Selling by Stan Gwizdak

Post by Fams Pee »

To stop the issue of drug addiction, I also think stopping the origin is the main step. If the are no drugs to be addicted with, there won't be people addicted. But the issue is that these drugs have some medical importance. I hope Bill succeeds in taking down the down those drug lords. Thanks for the review.
Harry Torsney
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harry-torsney.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Harry Torsney »

This sounds like a crime and action novel that will keep the reader on the edge of their seat. Thank you for summarizing this book.
kensgarment odogwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kensgarment-odogwu.html
Latest Review: Commercial Property Made Easy by Chris Lang

Post by kensgarment odogwu »

The story of Bill was an inspiring one. I love it so much that the author wrote on one of the issues silently endangering the lives of young people. Those who abuse drugs desperately needs help. I love the honesty of the reveiwer. I would make sure I read this book. Great review.
Ozioma Miriam
Currently Reading: The Love Charm
Bookshelf Size: 72
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ozioma-miriam.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Ozioma Miriam »

This book is quite thrilling. Your summary left me thirsting for more. Nice review.
Victoria Ukamaka
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-ukamaka.html
Latest Review: Fireproof Happiness by Dr. Randy Ross

Post by Victoria Ukamaka »

I like the cover of this book. Not only is it beautiful, but illustrates the central topic of the book. I have always admired skydiving from a distance, but haven't had the opportunity to experience it firsthand. I think I'm going to enjoy reading this book.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Severed Roots
Bookshelf Size: 1024
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

It’ always interesting to me that seemingly innocent people are so often targeted by those intent on doing even. Is it possible that those on the receiving end have skeletons of their own? How did Bill catch the attention of these drug lords?
George Baker
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-george-baker.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by George Baker »

I appreciate your summary of this book. I'll definitely read this crime and action book next. It seems to have a lot of exciting events in it. Nice review, keep it up.
ometanoghenetejiri
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ometanoghenetejiri.html
Latest Review: JTs World by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by ometanoghenetejiri »

This seems like an amazing book. I would love to read it. Your review makes it intriguing to read. However, I do not fancy books with sexual scenes. Nice review you've got here. I think I have an idea of what this book entails.
Rohith Kumar Pakala
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rohith-kumar-pakala.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller

Post by Rohith Kumar Pakala »

Thank you for your valuable insights, your review built interest in me to read this book. Great information is given by you about the book, thank you for that.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”