The Dialogues Of Adolph And Mavelia And Other Sketches

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
DanielDavis
Bookshelf Size: 0

The Dialogues Of Adolph And Mavelia And Other Sketches

Post by DanielDavis »

I just finished reading "The Dialogues Of Adolph And Mavelia And Other Sketches" by E. A. Merodach, and though I do agree with the summary which dubs it "enlightening" (mainly the cover story), I must say that it too, bordered on disturbing.
Mavelia is an articulate demon who through his cunning dialogue manages to persuade a youthful Adolf Hitler into basically joining the dark forces. The problem is, Mavelia's argument, revelations, and persuasion, are very real and I strongly dissuade anyone who is not strong in faith to read it as it may do more harm than good. In other words, it could be easily misused. Beyond this point I do recommend it, but use caution.

Daniel

[Moderation note: Thread title changed from "Christian Book? I think it borders on the occult." to the title of the book. All new threads in this section need to have the title of the book or series.]
MarcomMom

Post by MarcomMom »

Sounds a little bit like "The Screwtape Letters" by C.S. Lewis, only maybe less cautionary and more intriguing, which can be dangerous.
Montetre'

Post by Montetre' »

Those ol' Screwtape Letters are an odd bunch...

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”