Review of You Own Me

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Clauson Justin
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clauson-justin.html
Latest Review: You Own Me by Susan Shumaker

Review of You Own Me

Post by Clauson Justin »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "You Own Me" by Susan Shumaker.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

You Own Me is a romantic suspense book written by Susan Shumaker. The book follows Katie, a young woman without a recollection of her past, as she tries to build her life anew in the quant village of Rye in London.

As the book begins, Katie arrives in Rye, hoping to open a book store. It is clear that she deals with paranoia and anxiety, as she is quite guarded about her personal life. She eventually finds comfort and support from new friends like Tyler and the Williams family. Meanwhile, Detective David Smith gradually becomes an important part of her life, adding excitement to her story. As Katie and David's bond grows stronger, Katie still grapples with her past and struggles with anxiety attacks. She is eventually forced to confront her past trauma. Adding another layer of complexity is an air of danger as Katie must deal with a mysterious man who stalks her. What secrets are held within her mind? What dangers will this man bring? Find out in this thrilling book.

I love how this book is divided into two parts; had it been comprised only of part one, it would have been a good book, but clearly the author is not one to do a good thing when greatness can be attained. The book has excellent pacing, as none of the chapters feel dragged out. Katie's anxiety was understandable given her trauma. I love the dialogue between the characters. A lot of times, it was witty with good humor. About the characters, I found myself particularly fascinated by the character Lily. The author skillfully builds suspense, keeping readers hooked until the reveal of Katie's past, which subverted my expectations in all the right ways. Overall, the book offers a captivating read, blending relatable characters, witty dialogue, and well-executed suspense to keep readers eagerly turning the pages. I did not have any negative issues with the book.

I did not find any in this book. It was professionally edited. I rate this book 5 out of 5 stars because it was quite an interesting and intriguing read. I recommend this book to lovers of mystery thriller novels.

You Own Me
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Olivier Muhammad
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-olivier-muhammad.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Olivier Muhammad »

Howdy! Based on the review, it seems like "You Own Me" by Susan Shumaker is a fantastic read. The pacing is excellent, the characters are relatable, and the suspense keeps you hooked. It has a captivating blend of mystery and thriller elements. With a 5-star rating, this book comes highly recommended for fans of the genre. Y'all should definitely give it a go! Heartfelt resolutions, left me feeling deeply satisfied.
Joshua Sawders
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joshua-sawders.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Joshua Sawders »

Well, darlin', based on this here review, it seems like "You Own Me" is one heck of a good read. It's got a captivating storyline with suspense, relatable characters, and witty dialogue. The author keeps the pace just right and throws in some unexpected twists. And with no negative issues to be found, it's a solid 5 out of 5 stars. So, if you're a fan of mystery thrillers, I reckon you oughta give this book a go. Inspiring message, left me feeling uplifted.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”