Official Review: White Smoke by Itamar S.N

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
dragonet07
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... 23031">The Beauty of the Fall</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1718
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dragonet07.html
Latest Review: Creating Literary Stories: A Fiction Writer's Guide by William H. Coles

Re: Official Review: White Smoke by Itamar S.N

Post by dragonet07 »

This book certainly has an interesting premise, and I’m curious as to how the author proposes the two countries reach this point in his version of the future. I know very little about the conflict over there, I will admit, so I think I would prefer to get a better understanding of that before reading this book so I can fully appreciate it. I don’t think I would have a problem with the abbreviations, though, considering they are used in what appears to be a first-person sentence in this example and, therefore, might used to develop a character’s unique voice. Thank you for the helpful review.
The more that you read,
The more things you will know.
The more that you learn,
The more places you'll go.
~Dr. Seuss
xsquare
Currently Reading: The Vanished
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-xsquare.html
Latest Review: Kitty and Kat - MiceQuest by Robert Beals III

Post by xsquare »

This seems to be a very interesting story that explores the dynamics of geopolitics in the Middle East. Thanks for the great review!
peace_m
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-m.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by peace_m »

This introduction, "White Smoke tells the story of hope in a supposedly helpless situation. It also tells the story of love and patriotism." alone makes me want to read the book.
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

It's genuinely and admirably artistic of an author to write a fiction in such a way that it feels real. Connecting to a book, especially through the characters, is very great for every work of fiction. Thank you for this review. I would be checking this book out.
Stevenmusk
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 60
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-stevenmusk.html
Latest Review: Under the Blue Moon by Joan Schweighardt

Post by Stevenmusk »

Thanks for the review. The plot is interesting and captivating. I look forward to reading it.
Favour Alade Boluwatife
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-riam333.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Favour Alade Boluwatife »

Thanks for your amazing review. I'll read this book.
Joshua Sawders
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Joshua Sawders »

This review provides an insightful perspective on the book "White Smoke." The reviewer praises the author's ability to create a realistic and captivating story, making it a good read. The unexpected ending and emotional connection to the characters are also highlighted. The only minor issue mentioned is the use of abbreviations without explanations. Overall, the reviewer gives the book a 4 out of 4 stars and recommends it to those interested in activism and stories set in the Middle East. Immersive experience, lost myself in the story.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”