Review of Path to the Priestess Temple

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kristin Cowan
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kristin-cowan.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White

Review of Path to the Priestess Temple

Post by Kristin Cowan »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Path to the Priestess Temple" by Dianne Adel.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The High Priestess Anya of Mahet is physically blind, but mentally, she sees more than anyone. She meditates and uses her visions to create prophecies for her community. They believe Anya will fulfill a prophecy that states a blind woman will open the bridge between worlds. Anya uses her skills to contact three women in the future: Scotty, a famous musician struggling with substance abuse and family issues; Abigail, an OBGYN who is known to have “magic hands”; and Abby’s niece Talia, a young adult who is trying to decide what she wants instead of doing what her parents want. Scotty and Abby have a chance encounter and discover they have visions of the same woman. When Abby visits her family, she also discovers that Talia has seen the woman. Together, they work to discover who the woman is, why they have these visions, and their connections to each other. They must travel far away to find the truth, and things will never be the same.

The action in the Path to the Priestess Temple starts right away. While I had trouble getting through the first chapter, the book picked up and grabbed my attention. The author does a great job of creating complex characters and allowing them to develop throughout the story. The story grew into something more than women connecting over time and space; it had a powerful message. The ending of the book gave me chills, which rarely, if ever, happens. The book empowers women and shows that “average” women can make a difference in the world, especially if they work together.

I rate this book four out of five. The book is professionally edited, and the story flows well even with changing timelines and perspectives. I did not like that the book took a few chapters to capture my attention; it began abruptly, and I had to reread the first chapter multiple times. I took off one star for this.

I would recommend this book to women interested in spiritualism, romance, and historical fiction. There is heavy profanity and adult content, so I would only recommend this book to adults.

Path to the Priestess Temple
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Gerry Steen
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 205
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gerry-steen.html
Latest Review: Self Love : Journal Your Journey by Natalie Bears

Post by Gerry Steen »

I am interested in the High Priestess Anya who is blind but sees more than anyone. All of her other senses are that much more acute. The power of women is a worthy theme. Too bad the first chapter was not very clear. Thank you for the honest review. :techie-studyinggray:
Marvelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27

Post by Marvelly »

The author's exceptional character development and storytelling skills transform a simple narrative into a powerful exploration of female empowerment. The book's impact is amplified by its well-crafted characters, who evolve and grow throughout the story. The conclusion is both chilling and inspiring, showcasing the collective strength of women working together. By celebrating the potential of "average" women, the book delivers a profound message that lingers long after the final page is turned.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”