Review of March Rains

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Joy Wendy
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-joy-wendy.html
Latest Review: My Doors Of Destiny. by Judith Cook

Review of March Rains

Post by Joy Wendy »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "March Rains" by Mirabai Bekowies.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The COVID-19 pandemic was one of the scariest periods in the history of mankind. Streets were deserted, offices were empty, and everyone was holed up in their houses, dreading the worst. But even while everyone was taking cover and trying to save themselves, the healthcare workers were at work trying to save as many lives as possible. March Rains by Mirabai Bekowies is a contemporary novel that tells the story of a health worker’s struggles even in those trying times.

Grace was an intensive care unit nurse, a wife, and a mother. She was one of the nurses on the frontlines when the coronavirus hit the United States, and she had to fight to protect herself and her family while saving lives. She was also a victim of abuse in childhood, which greatly impacted her as an adult. Just when she thought everything was under control, she found out that she was pregnant, and she had to navigate through difficult situations to stay safe for herself and her family.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I enjoyed the detailed description of a hospital working system during the COVID era and the struggles of healthcare workers during those periods. I also loved how Grace’s childhood story was narrated alongside her present life, giving me deeper insights into who she was. I particularly loved the detailed explanations of medical terms used in the book, which made it easier to follow through. The great strength, courage, and sacrifice exhibited by the healthcare workers were deeply emotional and inspiring. This was a very nice read.

Although I loved the book due to its simple and elegant writing style, I had a few dislikes. There was no clear demarcation between the author’s narration of the present occurrences and past memories, which made it very difficult to follow the thought process of the story. Also, there were hitches in the storytelling process and deviations, which also hindered a proper understanding of the book. Apart from these little flaws, the book was largely enjoyable.

I rate this book four out of five stars. I removed a star due to the dislike I stated above. The book was perfectly edited; I didn't come across any errors while reading it. I recommend this book to individuals looking for a novel that accurately describes the healthcare system during the COVID era. I also recommend it for individuals interested in thrillers and suspense novels. This book is definitely a great read.

March Rains
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Leona Rodrigues
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leona-rodrigues.html
Latest Review: Come What May by Marie Fostino
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Leona Rodrigues »

Joy Wendy wrote: 22 May 2024, 21:45 [Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "March Rains" by Mirabai Bekowies.]
Book Cover
4 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

The COVID-19 pandemic was one of the scariest periods in the history of mankind. Streets were deserted, offices were empty, and everyone was holed up in their houses, dreading the worst. But even while everyone was taking cover and trying to save themselves, the healthcare workers were at work trying to save as many lives as possible. March Rains by Mirabai Bekowies is a contemporary novel that tells the story of a health worker’s struggles even in those trying times.

Grace was an intensive care unit nurse, a wife, and a mother. She was one of the nurses on the frontlines when the coronavirus hit the United States, and she had to fight to protect herself and her family while saving lives. She was also a victim of abuse in childhood, which greatly impacted her as an adult. Just when she thought everything was under control, she found out that she was pregnant, and she had to navigate through difficult situations to stay safe for herself and her family.

I thoroughly enjoyed reading this book. I enjoyed the detailed description of a hospital working system during the COVID era and the struggles of healthcare workers during those periods. I also loved how Grace’s childhood story was narrated alongside her present life, giving me deeper insights into who she was. I particularly loved the detailed explanations of medical terms used in the book, which made it easier to follow through. The great strength, courage, and sacrifice exhibited by the healthcare workers were deeply emotional and inspiring. This was a very nice read.

Although I loved the book due to its simple and elegant writing style, I had a few dislikes. There was no clear demarcation between the author’s narration of the present occurrences and past memories, which made it very difficult to follow the thought process of the story. Also, there were hitches in the storytelling process and deviations, which also hindered a proper understanding of the book. Apart from these little flaws, the book was largely enjoyable.

I rate this book four out of five stars. I removed a star due to the dislike I stated above. The book was perfectly edited; I didn't come across any errors while reading it. I recommend this book to individuals looking for a novel that accurately describes the healthcare system during the COVID era. I also recommend it for individuals interested in thrillers and suspense novels. This book is definitely a great read.

March Rains
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
What a great review! Indeed, the book sounds interesting.
You may not be the center of the entire world, but you are the center of your own world.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”