Review of Refuge on the Mountain

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jeremie Mondejar
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Still searching
Currently Reading: SandPeople
Bookshelf Size: 1381
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jeremie-mondejar.html
Latest Review: Plan To Profit by Chuck Miller

Review of Refuge on the Mountain

Post by Jeremie Mondejar »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Refuge on the Mountain" by Cornelia Feye.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Everybody works on their everyday schedule. Unexpectedly, Greg got a call from his friend Rakesh informing him that the Earth would be struck by a solar storm or G5-level CME. Greg immediately calls his wife, Vega, and his immediate family.

They are going to stay in their cabin, located at Kosmik Peak. The cabin offers an excellent water system, a solar-powered generator, and a convenient place to hide from the impending solar flare. This phenomenon will cut off the power supply and cause damage to all electronic devices. 

After the catastrophe, everything looked fine for a few days while they still had their food supply. Greg is a bit dismayed that there are add-ons to the family. Tarek is an engineer and helps set up the alarm system for intruders. He has a young daughter and is Rose's boyfriend. Daniel, Greg's son, brings his girlfriend, Lin. Greg's mother, Inge, learns to cope with their current situation, too. Rose, Greg's sister, often has a high temper. Stevie, Greg's youngest son, is trying to find his purpose in their recent lives. Suddenly, the alarm system alerted the whole company. Will they have an upcoming enemy? What will this newcomer bring to the group? 

I am happy to rate this book 5 out of 5 stars. Refuge on the Mountain by Cornelia Feye is a post-apocalyptic story that brings the readers to a new level of intensity and intrigue, while the author intertwines mystery and leaves the readers to solve the puzzle. After I fully grasp the first scenario, I believe that this book has the potential for a movie adaptation. 

I like that the beginning of the story grabs my attention. Readers who like a post-apocalyptic story will notice that once they start reading the book, they will love to read it without any delay. There's nothing I least like in this book because the narrative flows well, the characters are quite relatable, and the book is exceptionally well edited.

Refuge on the Mountain
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Jeremie
Official Reviewer Representative

"Jesus Christ is the Saviour of the world."
Julius Peters
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-julius-peters.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited

Post by Julius Peters »

"Refuge on the Mountain" by Cornelia Feye is a gripping post-apocalyptic tale that combines suspense and mystery. The well-developed characters and intriguing plot kept me engaged from start to finish. The vivid depiction of survival and the tension of an impending threat make this book hard to put down and your detailed review did justice to the book. Good job!
Somto Nwachukwu 1
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-somto-nwachukwu-1.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Somto Nwachukwu 1 »

The reviewer acknowledges that the story brings the readers to a new level of intensity and intrigue, and it is a great comment. Thanks for the review.
Bernard Ndubuisi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by Bernard Ndubuisi »

I like books with suspense and captivating storyline. The reviewer's inability to find any dislike in the book speaks well of the editor and author's work kudos.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”