Review of Arcadia

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: World Tour by Mike Sherer

Review of Arcadia

Post by Veronica Hunter »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Arcadia" by Stanley Michelsen.]
Book Cover
5 out of 5 stars
Share This Review

Sidney and Marty pack their bags with the necessary essentials and are led to an FBI safe house, where they will be safe and protected until the threat to their lives is over. Putting on his CPAP mask to sleep, Sidney has one of his dreams once again, and it looks like everything is spiraling into reality. How will these dreams or nightmares influence his mission? Did Sidney manage to escape his nightmare? Discover the answers in this super-engrossing and thrilling book by Stanley Michelsen.

"Arcadia" by Stanley Michelsen is an exceptional book that brilliantly captures the tension between luxury and danger, wealth and vulnerability, as well as covert operations and the constant threat of espionage. This dynamic is vividly portrayed through the efforts of the Navy SEALs and Coast Guard to seize a Russian oligarch's superyacht. The story delves into the physical, emotional, and political challenges faced by the leaders and their teams as they strive to protect their country and uncover any larger conspiracies at play. The book emphasizes the power and strength derived from teamwork and mutual trust. This is exemplified by General Hulk's unwavering confidence in his team; with a mere snap of his fingers, tasks are accomplished. The importance of open communication is also highlighted, such as in the swift exchange between Marty and Sidney regarding her suspicions, which enabled quick and effective action. The book consistently explores themes of bravery, unity, and steadfastness in one's beliefs and cause, whether good or bad, regardless of underlying tensions or threats. This is exemplified by the Russian oligarch Lukashenko and Madam President. Despite their differing beliefs and purposes, all parties are unwavering in their commitment to achieving their goals.

There are many aspects of this book that I love. For one, I found it so informative and educational that I had to look up various military terms. I also appreciated the emphasis on fostering unity and understanding across different levels. Each organization operates independently without external interference, yet they all work toward the same goal, which I found both intriguing and encouraging. Despite the intense subject matter and operations depicted, the author skillfully uses gentle humor to ease the tension. Additionally, Stanley does an excellent job of providing brief introductions for new characters, akin to a narrator's monologue in a movie. The vivid descriptions of settings and the precise use of language further enhance the reading experience.

I give this book 5 out of 5 stars because I thoroughly enjoyed the reading experience. It reminded me of the movie "24 Hours" that I watched years ago. The book provides valuable insights into various aspects of politics, the efforts of military personnel and intelligence, and the struggles and worries of their loved ones. I am eager to read the earlier books in the series leading up to Sidney Krogh's Political Thriller, as I am curious how we got here.

There is nothing I disliked about the book. I am particularly impressed by the flawless editing, as I did not find any errors. I recommend this book to fans of political thrillers with a touch of history, as well as those who enjoy intelligence-based narratives.

Arcadia
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1026
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: 2084 by Kadon Landon Peterson
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I was all set to read this book until I got to the part about its being part of a series. I don’t like to start one anywhere but the first book so that I know what is going on. I really enjoyed reading your book, though. Thanks!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”