Review of Love, Flesh, and Spirit

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Northland Chronicles Mother World in Peril by John Frederick Zurn

Re: Review of Love, Flesh, and Spirit

Post by Veronica Hunter »

L. Adlai Boyd masterfully captures the complexities of human relationships in "Love, Flesh, and Spirit." The emotional depth and realistic portrayal of the protagonist's struggles make this a truly compelling read.
odlanra
Favorite Book: Carbynarah Chronicles
Currently Reading: All In Divine Order
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-odlanra.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Flesh of the Mind by Matthew Tysz

Post by odlanra »

From the review, I would not love nor like the characters but I would like the book. I would like to know how does it end. I would also like to know or guess the authors stance on the complex nature of the subjects he presented. Is it a justification or a condemnation or of indifference. Or perhaps even acceptance? My! It would also be interesting to know the various perspectives as stated in the review. Does the author view this story as natural or common or just a peculiarity of the choosen subjects or a certain group of people although "not non-fiction". Let us see!
Black Indigo
Currently Reading: Relieved
Bookshelf Size: 648
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Black Indigo »

I would like to see the religious perspective presented in this book. I will give it a chance. Thank you for the review.
Sia_young
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Sarah J. Maas
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sia-young.html
Latest Review: UNEMPLOYABLE by Alysia Edith Silberg
fav_author_id: 2719

Post by Sia_young »

I'm all in for emotionally engaging books because I love how much they make me feel with just a few words and pages. Also, your review is wonderful. I liked how precise you are with explaining the book and your experience reading it. Really great choice of words.
Hy Be
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: The Impossible Mock Orange Trial
Bookshelf Size: 288
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hy-be.html
Latest Review: The Penitent - Part I by A. Keith Carreiro

Post by Hy Be »

Thanks for the review. I am eager to know how preacher Nathan, will be able to come over his desires and handle his both religious and family duties. The concept took me off guard which shows how insatiable love can cause huge difference in everyone's life.
Rodel Barnachea
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Lemony Snicket
Currently Reading: The Unfakeable Code®
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rodel-barnachea.html
Latest Review: An Accessible Iliad by Emer Jackson
fav_author_id: 5004

Post by Rodel Barnachea »

I am fascinated by the story of a young American preacher whose life drastically changes after he falls in love with a younger parishioner. I am intrigued by the disarray in Nathan’s life caused by an insatiable appetite for love and how it, directly and indirectly, impacts those around him forever. I am interested in learning how Nathan plans to juggle his commitment to his work and God, his love for his wife and children, and the relentless lust and pursuit of his mistress.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Reasonably Foreseeable by James E Carroll

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

"Love, Flesh, and Spirit" is a literary gem that delves into mature themes with insight and wisdom. The author's exploration of human desires and nature is both enlightening and captivating, offering readers a rich tapestry of emotions and reflections.
Rose Nafula Oketch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-nafula-oketch.html
Latest Review: Essential Gut Health for Women Over 50 by JL Service

Post by Rose Nafula Oketch »

Reading the book title, I anticipated some poetic elements in it, and usually it has. I have no doubt it beautifies the story, and it's a worthy book to read. I hope Nathan will control his thoughts and maintain moral standards. Congratulations to the author on BOTD!
valery_ee
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by valery_ee »

Thanks for sharing your insightful review of "Love, Flesh, and Spirit" by L. Adlai Boyd! Your detailed analysis provides a comprehensive view of the novel, and I appreciate the effort you put into conveying your thoughts.

It's wonderful to hear that the storytelling method captured your attention from the first chapter. The way the author delves into the complexities of the protagonist Nathan's life, balancing love, faith, and desire, seems to have resonated deeply with you. Your exploration of the poetic qualities within the prose adds an interesting layer to the review, highlighting how the use of such elements enhances the narrative.

Your acknowledgement of the author's skill in addressing sensitive subjects like religion and monogamy is intriguing. It seems that Boyd has managed to present these themes with nuance and diverse perspectives, adding depth to the story. Nathan's introspection, as you mentioned, adds a layer of realism, making the narrative more gripping.

I appreciate your honesty in noting that the length of the book was a downside for you. Your observation about the repetition in certain chapters is valid, and it's commendable that you chose to evaluate the book on its overall merits rather than solely on its length.

Your decision to rate the book five out of five stars, despite its minor drawback, speaks volumes about its impact on you. It's great that you found the novel intellectually stimulating and engaging, and your recommendation for a mature audience considering the explicit content is valuable information for potential readers.

Overall, your review is a well-balanced and thoughtful assessment of "Love, Flesh, and Spirit." It provides valuable insights for readers who may be considering picking up the book. Thank you for sharing your perspective, and I look forward to more of your reviews in the future!
Abhilasha Abhi
Currently Reading: The Frazzled Parent
Bookshelf Size: 132
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abhilasha-abhi.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by Abhilasha Abhi »

The author of Love, Flesh, and Spirit is L. Adlai Boyd. The story here tells the tale of a young American pastor whose life is turned upside down by a younger parishioner. It's admirable that the author skillfully and nuancedly addressed touchy themes like religion and monogamy. For the priest, it must have been an intense struggle between agape love and eros love. It is never really easy to win a struggle like this. The review is worded quite nicely.
Congrats to the writer for BOTD!
Sakshi A Soni
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakshi-a-soni.html
Latest Review: Speedy Hurled Through Havoc by Dave Letterfly Knoderer

Post by Sakshi A Soni »

Thank you so much for your insightful and detailed review of "Love, Flesh, and Spirit" by L. Adlai Boyd. Your eloquent analysis of the protagonist's struggle with love, faith, and desire paints a vivid picture of the book's rich narrative. It's heartening to hear that the poetic qualities added depth and beauty to the storytelling, captivating your attention from the very first chapter. Your acknowledgment of the author's skillful exploration of complex themes, including religion and monogamy, reflects a thoughtful engagement with the narrative.

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, and we're delighted to hear that "Love, Flesh, and Spirit" left a lasting impact on you, prompting contemplation and reflection. Your review is a valuable contribution to the discussion surrounding this book, and we hope it encourages others to explore this thought-provoking and emotionally engaging reading experience.
Victoria Zoe
Currently Reading: The Divine Memoir
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-zoe.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

Post by Victoria Zoe »

Nathan who is a young American parishioner struggles to juggle his ministry with his family and mistress. Can he cope with that? I would love to read to know the events that unfold. Congrats on the BOTD and a satisfactory review.
Aang Krishna
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ni-ketut-anggraeni.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Aang Krishna »

“Love, Flesh and Spirit” its so Astra tube Book and solid ne interesting to read to know well the story. The battle between love and so to serve GOD its a very complicated struggle. The Author has really great Ability to make this story so touchy. Congrats&GBU
Mercy Wambui Ndungu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-wambui-ndungu.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Mercy Wambui Ndungu »

Thank you for sharing your thoughts on "Love, Flesh, and Spirit" by L. Adlai Boyd. Your detailed review provides a thorough understanding of the book's plot, themes, and your personal impressions.

It's evident from your review that the novel had a profound impact on you, drawing you into its narrative from the very beginning. The complex character of Nathan and his struggles with love, faith, and desire seem to have been portrayed with depth and nuance, contributing to the book's emotional richness. The exploration of sensitive subjects like religion and monogamy, coupled with the protagonist's introspection, adds a layer of realism and depth to the story.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Zophana
Currently Reading: Demonslayer
Bookshelf Size: 15

Post by Zophana »

Alright, as a first time reviewer the storyline is really pensive. The dilemma itself is unquestionably heart pounding because it tries to overlook altruism while at the same time achieving the goal to satisfy his needs (Nathan). It's really good because it tackles something ordinary in an extraordinary manner.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”