Review of The Snow That Never Fell

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Renee S
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-renee-s.html
Latest Review: When Business Is Love by Jan Ryde
2024 Reading Goal: 30
2024 Goal Completion: 46%

Re: Review of The Snow That Never Fell

Post by Renee S »

A sweet and concise review! You conveyed a sense of intrigue without giving away too much detail. While I may not personally identify with the protagonist, I wouldn't mind reading the book. Thanks for your review!
Ajain12
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ajain12.html
Latest Review: The Kovalenko Secret by Philip L Rettew

Post by Ajain12 »

"The Snow That Never Fell" by Paul Steven Stone offers a heartfelt portrayal of divorce and single parenthood. With relatable characters and seamless writing, it earns a solid 5-star recommendation.
MMcB
Favorite Book: Island of Missing Trees
Currently Reading: The Elephant(s) in the Room
Bookshelf Size: 92
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mmcb.html
Latest Review: Ungraduated by Ken Hannaman
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 25%

Post by MMcB »

Single fatherhood from an unwanted divorce is the situation in "The Snow That Never Fell" by Paul Steven Stone. Some of the action revolves around a Scout Father-Son Pinewood Derby. It seems that Paul deals with procrastination and not wanting to deal with his ex-wife in case that makes him appear weak. He starts therapy and has to face the fact that his father was not a good role model but that does not mean that he cannot be a good father. The review from the Online Book Club recommends this book with 5 out of 5 stars. ⭐️
If you're going through hell, keep going.
~ Sir Winston Churchill
Rahul Singh 29
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rahul-singh-29.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 41%

Post by Rahul Singh 29 »

Instead of focusing on the past and what we missed, we should enjoy the present and what we have. We should also look forward to the future and what we can achieve. We should be resilient, adaptable, and hopeful in life and not let the past drag us down. We should appreciate the people and the moments that make us happy and not overlook them. We should pursue our dreams and goals and not quit on them. At last, I would like to thank "Shirley Ann Riddern Labzentis" for sharing her thoughts on the book "The Snow That Never Fell" by Paul Steven Stone. Congrats to the author, #BOTD!
Life is a play where we are the actors and the audience, We laugh and cry, love and hate, create and destroy,
We seek to know ourselves and others, to belong and to be free, We accept what we can and change what we must.
fumbani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by fumbani »

The Snow That Never Fell” by Paul Steven Stone is a poignant and relatable exploration of divorce, single parenthood, and the challenges faced by Paul Peterson, a divorced father of three. The novel delves into Paul’s struggles as he navigates a new life, grappling with his own midlife crisis and reevaluating his relationships. The heartwarming father-son dynamic between Paul and his nine-year-old son, Mickey, adds depth to the narrative. As they participate in a Cub Scout Pinewood Derby competition, unexpected wins and seemingly mundane situations reveal profound insights. Stone and Alien Buddha have crafted a character-driven tale that balances humor and wholesomeness.
Esther Deekor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-esther-deekor.html
Latest Review: Choices by Gary Markman

Post by Esther Deekor »

I can't believe that a whole book is centered on a man's divorced life and how he copes with it and I don't quite see how the title fits the plot from the review. But anyway, going through divorce is not an easy fit especially after having kids together. Therefore, congratulations on BOTD!!
fumbani
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11

Post by fumbani »

That's what exactly the book is saying , we centre divorce too much on woman while there are other Men there who are struggling with it and the can't come out to tell there story
Anusha Thatavarthi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 134
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-anusha-thatavarthi.html
Latest Review: My Trip To Adele by R.I.Alyaseer and A. I Alyaseer

Post by Anusha Thatavarthi »

The Snow That Never Fell" follows Paul Peterson, a divorced father of three, navigating his new life. Focused on a Cub Scout's Pinewood Derby, Paul's struggles with pride and past trauma unfold, culminating in an exciting race.
Rakesh+12345
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16

Post by Rakesh+12345 »

"The snow that never fell" offers an awesome twist to the well known storyline.The story in which how Author Paul navigates his life after being devorced with his three children.his struggles for their children is admirable.I recommend each and every one to be there for this wonderful book. Congratulations on being BOTD!
Chinelo Valerie Hero
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinelo-valerie-hero.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
2024 Reading Goal: 20
2024 Goal Completion: 15%

Post by Chinelo Valerie Hero »

It just occurred to me that this is the first time I am seeing a book on divorce from the man's pov. Your review is well detailed .Good Job.
Loniya Chabili Mubanga
Currently Reading: The sea keepers daughter
Bookshelf Size: 254
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-loniya-chabili-mubanga.html
Latest Review: American Dream? by Jeoung Lee

Post by Loniya Chabili Mubanga »

It's always sad to read stories involving divorce, especially if it involves kids. I would like to read this book and follow Paul and learn from how he deals with being a single father and how his kids deal with it. I'm curious to know how the Derby went, given that Paul waited until the last minute to put everything together and if that affected his son's performance at all.
I'm here for a good time, not a long time. Yolo!
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

The Snow That Never Fell is a great book that touches on fatherhood and divorce. Paul's character seems relatable and I'm curious to find out what happens at the derby. Congratulations on making book of the day!
Abiodunakinola
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: The Seventh Spark by J.B. Lion

Post by Abiodunakinola »

The author skillfully weaves a poignant narrative in this book, delving into the complexities of divorce and single parenthood. Paul's reluctance to confront his past and the makeshift Pinewood Derby adventure create a compelling storyline that captivates readers. Nice review.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 81
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Velocious Evolution by Ron Saetermoe

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

Paul Steven Stone's 'The Snow That Never Fell' is a touching portrayal of a father's journey through divorce and single parenthood. The emotional depth of the characters and the realistic struggles they face is intriguing.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 701
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 71%

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“The Snow That Never Fell” by Paul Steven Stone is a story about a divorced dad named Paul Peterson who has 3 children, 2 girls and a boy, helping his son create a pinewood derby car from a block of wood and racing the car at the Derby one week later in the basement of the neighborhood Catholic Church. Paul has been divorced for more than four years but has not totally accepted it and still feels the pain of a divorce that his ex-wife Marilyn wanted and still wonders why it happened after all of the years of loving Marilyn. I can truly empathize with Paul having gone through a divorce many years ago when my two daughters were six and seven years old. Like Paul I attended therapy for a very long time and while it helped it never erased the pain. Paul also experienced the I don't care attitudes his daughters gave him when they spent time with him under the custody agreement. His son has not gone through those years since he is a Cub Scout and enjoys spending time with his dad. The sample is well-written and one needs to read the book to learn the outcome of the Pinewood Derby and Paul’s life experiences in later years. A very good official review and I have added the book to my to-read shelf.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”