Official Review: Niamh by Gary Hope

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
mrlefty0706
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jack Winnick
Favorite Book: What If They Knew
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 705
Reading Device: B00I15SB16
fav_author_id: 77547
2024 Reading Goal: 150
2024 Goal Completion: 71%

Re: Official Review: Niamh by Gary Hope

Post by mrlefty0706 »

“Niamh” by Gary Hope is a fictional story that starts in North Carolina. Paul Alfred escaped from NC to Ireland where he wanted to forget his past including his ex-wife that cheated on him with her attorney, cleaned out the bank accounts and cashed in a large life insurance policy claiming Gary died. Mark changed his name to Mark McCarty. He met an Irish girl named Niamh and fell in love with her in one afternoon, but them she disappeared. Mark desperately searched for Niamh but she could not be found. He returned to the cliff he visited with Niamh hoping that she would return and she did one day and found the pink hairclip she had used to tie back his hair in the wind. If Mark only knew that Niamh was also looking for him. One needs to read the book to learn what happens to Mark and Niamh. The book sample was so good that I could not put it down and therefore, I would like to read the entire book.
Joseph Ajayi
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Joseph Ajayi »

The charm and magic of what everyone dreams about in Ireland is captured in this latest book
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Huini Hellen »

I appreciate it when fiction texts excite me enough to research about the settings in the book, especially if they are real geographic areas. I'm glad that Gary Hope drives the reader to research about different historical sites in Ireland. Thanks for the review.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Emma Jane Grey
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Pride and Prejudice
Currently Reading: Transforming Ehlers-Danlos Syndrome
Bookshelf Size: 774
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emma-jane-grey.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Emma Jane Grey »

If you’re into sweeping romances in which someone tries to find a long-lost love, then sounds like this is for you!
:reading-4:

Emma (she/her)

“… it is enough to exist in the world and marvel at it. You don’t need to justify that, or earn it. You are allowed to just live. That is all most animals do.” ~ Becky Chambers, A Psalm for the Wild-Built
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Northland Chronicles Mother World in Peril by John Frederick Zurn

Post by Veronica Hunter »

"Niamh" by Gary Hope is a poignant tale that beautifully explores love, loss, and the pursuit of happiness. The characters, especially Mark and Niamh, stay etched in your heart long after the last page.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 83
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Reasonably Foreseeable by James E Carroll

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

Gary Hope's storytelling in "Niamh" is a masterpiece. The intricate plot, coupled with Mark's unwavering pursuit of love, makes it a compelling and emotionally resonant read.
Alema Baysah
Currently Reading:

Post by Alema Baysah »

I can’t wait to read this book, I love romance novels. I’d like to hear more about Ireland as I have never read books with the character is based on Ireland.
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 173%

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

"Niamh" by Gary Hope is a story set up in Ireland. It is a work of fiction. The reviewer has indeed done a great job. This is a well-written and well-developed story. Congratulations on the BOTD. I had always wanted to read a story based on Ireland. Ireland is a wonderful place.
LeoReaderLion

Post by LeoReaderLion »

Thank you kdstrack for your review of 'Niamh'. I like romance and fantasy type scenarios. Your review definitely left me wanting to know if Paul/Mark and Niamh find each other again and what exactly happened to separate them. I'm also wondering if Niamh is from the sea or a fantastical creature? This reminds me of the film, 'Ondine' with Colin Ferrel but with added characters and bigger scope.
Xiao Wei How
Currently Reading:
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 2%

Post by Xiao Wei How »

"Niamh" is an excellent pick for those who enjoy romance novels. It not only tells a captivating love story but also provides readers with a deeper understanding of Ireland through the inclusion of cultural and historical information.
Black Indigo
Currently Reading: Relieved
Bookshelf Size: 651
2024 Reading Goal: 40
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Black Indigo »

This romance novel seems interesting. The small-town setting makes for an exciting read. Thank you for the review.
Manang Muyang
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures
Bookshelf Size: 688
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-manang-muyang.html
Latest Review: Your Great Name by Shawn Funk
Reading Device: B00KC6I06S

Post by Manang Muyang »

I am not a romance fan, so I'm not too keen on this offering. My heart can also do without an emotional workout at this time. The review is enticing, though. I would be happy to explore Ireland with Hope.
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 632
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

I'm not one for romances but this sounds quite intriguing. The fact that it set in Ireland is a definite plus for me, especially the add of historical locations. I'm intrigued to see if Mark finds Niamh. Thanks for a great review.
Last edited by Leonie Vermaak on 15 Jan 2024, 23:55, edited 1 time in total.
Rose Nafula Oketch
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rose-nafula-oketch.html
Latest Review: Essential Gut Health for Women Over 50 by JL Service

Post by Rose Nafula Oketch »

Romance stories are always my taste. "Niamh" is beautifully crafted with passion and drama in it. I can see the power of love pushing Mark and Niamh to search for each other after circumstances separated them. I like the setting and location of the story. I hope I will enjoy it when I fully delve into the book. Thanks for the great review.
Chinazo Anozie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 337
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinazo-anozie.html
Latest Review: Cusick by Philip Amortila

Post by Chinazo Anozie »

This sounds like a cosy romance novel filled with community. I do hope Mark and Niamh find a way back together. I'll check this book out.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”