Review of Northern Umbrage

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 624
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Re: Review of Northern Umbrage

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

I reading this for sure as I've never read a fiction novel that contains the pollution angle with mystery, crime and action involve. Pollution is a worrisome subject so it's interesting that the author chose this subject. Congrats on an well written review.
Abiodunakinola
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abiodunakinola.html
Latest Review: ABCs for SATs by Elise MacArthur

Post by Abiodunakinola »

"Northern Umbrage: Pulp, Paper, Power, and Pollution" impressively combines sci-fi, adventure, mystery, and environmental awareness, offering a gripping narrative that skillfully unveils the consequences of chemical pollutants. The nuanced characters, particularly Sadie and Glen Power Claw, contribute depth to the story, making it an entertaining and enlightening read. Congratulations on BOTD
Prabhat Sunil Mathur
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 69
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-prabhat-sunil-mathur.html
Latest Review: Severed Roots by Nego Huzcotoq

Post by Prabhat Sunil Mathur »

Thank you immensely for your detailed and thoughtful review of "Northern Umbrage: Pulp, Paper, Power, and Pollution" by Dennis Lorenz. Your insights into the environmental awareness angle and appreciation for the multidimensional characters are invaluable feedback. It's gratifying to hear how the book effectively blends elements of sci-fi, adventure, mystery, and environmental consciousness, keeping the plot gripping and suspenseful.
Janet Kimetto
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Gone With the Wind
Bookshelf Size: 84
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-janet-kimetto.html
Latest Review: Eye of The Beholder by J.M. Stenfors

Post by Janet Kimetto »

This book sounds interesting, promoting environmental awareness in a fun way (by mixing sci-fi, adventure, and mystery). I can't help but wonder about the mysterious wolf-like animal (The Beast). Thanks for the review!
“Be wary. Be clever. Be good.”
Mayuri Kotalawala
Currently Reading: The Spiritual Treasure Trove
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayuri-kotalawala.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Mayuri Kotalawala »

What I liked the most about the book was its environmental awareness angle. Above all, I felt that it offered an eye-opening look into the problems of chemical pollutants and their dreadful consequences to life. The author gives readers a taste of what the future could look like if we don’t control the damage to the environment.
- It only takes one person, or in this case, one book, to get the ball rolling & help control the damage to the environment. A well structured review. Thank you.
Shrabastee Chakraborty
Favorite Book: The Warramunga's War
Currently Reading: Timewise
Bookshelf Size: 1164
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shrabastee-chakraborty.html
Latest Review: The Infinite Passion of Life by D.J. Paolini

Post by Shrabastee Chakraborty »

A sci-fi thriller with elements of mystery and adventure is right up my alley. I commend the author for highlighting the environmental aspect. Thanks for the awesome review!
Precious Anavheoba
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-precious-anavheoba.html
Latest Review: Mindset for health by Tdachi Deni Whiting

Post by Precious Anavheoba »

I think I like the idea behind this book. It creates awareness while crafting an interesting plot around the message. The author has done well indeed. I may read this book.
Kenneth Onyenwe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenneth-onyenwe.html
Latest Review: The Final Keystone by John Kevin Crowley

Post by Kenneth Onyenwe »

I have experience the bad effect of environmental pollution and as such, I can relate to what the author is saying. I recommend "Northern Umbrage" by Dennis Lorenz Ph.D. to every environmental conscious fellow.
Sakshi A Soni
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 104
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sakshi-a-soni.html
Latest Review: A Reliving of Earth and Pain by M Colin Alston

Post by Sakshi A Soni »

Thank you so much for sharing your thoughtful and engaging review of "Northern Umbrage: Pulp, Paper, Power, and Pollution" by Dennis Lorenz. It's truly heartening to hear that you found the book not only entertaining but also appreciated its significant environmental awareness angle. The way the author intertwines the elements of sci-fi, adventure, mystery, and environmental consciousness is indeed a testament to his skillful storytelling.

Your emphasis on the well-woven plot and the gradual revelation of the truth adds to the excitement of the narrative. It's great to hear that the suspense was effectively maintained throughout the book, keeping readers on the edge of their seats. The nuanced and multidimensional characters, particularly the development of Sadie and Glen Power Claw, seem to have added depth and richness to the story, making the reading experience more engaging.

Your 4 out of 4-star rating and the lack of any identified errors also speak volumes about the book's quality and professionalism. It's fantastic to know that you recommend this novel to readers who enjoy action and mystery thrillers with a touch of sci-fi. Your review is not only informative but also encouraging for potential readers. Happy reading, and thank you for sharing your positive experience with "Northern Umbrage"!
Fredrick Muchiri 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Fredrick Muchiri 2 »

:tiphat: This is a thrilling and at the same a very informative read. Environment issues as narrated by Dennis Lorenz is quite an essential as and vital topic since it's real and a real threat, the Sci fic blend within the series makes more interesting.
Emeka Emordi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 57
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emeka-emordi.html
Latest Review: God is Willing by Charlene Murray

Post by Emeka Emordi »

The opening sentence captivates immediately – "Believing in God and having faith can be the greatest gifts in life." It sets the tone for what seems like a profound exploration of faith. I'm drawn to books that delve into the deeper aspects of spirituality, and this review suggests that "Because He Loved Us" does just that.
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 274
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Independence Corrupted by Charles Benjamin Schudson

Post by Harty Muli »

I appreciate the fact that this book raises the issue of environmental awareness to its readers. Right now, the world is buzzing with issues touching on environmental conservation, so its theme is relevant. Thanks for the review.
Gloria M 3
Currently Reading: Reflections: Words From the Soul
Bookshelf Size: 12

Post by Gloria M 3 »

This book is a sci fiction still having a portion of environmental problems and awareness at a time where when thousands of dead fish started washing up on the shore near the small town of Eagle River, Wisconsin, it caused issues to the people and Buc felt the argue to find out what had caused this especially when he realized that there was a threat to the animals which might be caused by a strong and fast animal which might be a wolf or any other beast. This book is interesting because it leaves you with an urge to read more every after each page.
Omobolanle Savage
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-savage.html
Latest Review: Death is the limit by Aggrey Mokone

Post by Omobolanle Savage »

The meticulous exploration of Jesus' life, from his birth to ministry, offers a comprehensive understanding. I appreciate how the author takes the time to unravel the prophecies and historical context surrounding these events. It seems like a thoughtful approach that adds depth to the narrative.
Nisha DSouza
Favorite Author: Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Favorite Book: In It Together
Currently Reading: Neither Safe Nor Effective (2nd Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 165
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nisha-dsouza.html
Latest Review: Isazisi:The Book by Bongani Yona
fav_author_id: 248825

Post by Nisha DSouza »

Northern Umbrage by Dennis Lorenz is an intriguing read about Buc, a young environmental pathologist investigating mysterious occurrences in town. The author has captured my attention with the unique plot; it has a mystery angle while raising ecological issues affecting all humankind. I am also eager to read more about the budding romance between Buc and Sadie. Congratulations on the BOTD!
Nisha
Official Reviewer Representative

"There are two ways to live: you can live as if nothing is a miracle; you can live as if everything is a miracle." ~ Albert Einstein

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”