Review of Nimue

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
EBERE WRITES COCEPT
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 82
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ebere-writes-cocept.html
Latest Review: Reasonably Foreseeable by James E Carroll

Re: Review of Nimue

Post by EBERE WRITES COCEPT »

As someone who is someone passionate about Arthurian legend, Nimue: Freeing Merlin will be a fun read for me. I would love to know more about Nina and the answers she sorts. Congratulations on the BOTD. Thanks for the detailed review.
Justine Ocsebio
Currently Reading: Dancing Under The Stars
Bookshelf Size: 245
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-justine-ocsebio.html
Latest Review: Under Nazi Noses by John Tepper Marlin (Translator), Erik Schaap (Dutch Author)

Post by Justine Ocsebio »

A seventeen-year-old girl discovering her identity upon traveling to Britian. I haven't heard of Arthurian myth, so I feel like this book must be interesting.
B Sheila Holt
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: One Christmas Eve
Bookshelf Size: 85
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-b-sheila-holt.html
Latest Review: Open Heart by Akil Taher

Post by B Sheila Holt »

Thank you for such an intriguing and enlightening review about this enchanting and mythological book. I love stories like this. The part of the sample I read so far was very interesting. You have done a super job explaining the book to us.
Sonya Nicolaidis
Favorite Book: McDowell
Currently Reading: The Dark Web Murders
Bookshelf Size: 403
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sonya-nicolaidis.html
Latest Review: My Delightfully Dysfunctional Family by Loraine Hartley

Post by Sonya Nicolaidis »

I am also a big fan of Arthurian legend, so this book was of immediate interest to me. I think you have been very thorough in your review of this story and have given it a good recommendation, so I will definitely bear it in mind. Thank you.
Sharon Dowdell
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 10
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharon-dowdell.html
Latest Review: Party Wine by D.R. Ransdell

Post by Sharon Dowdell »

I love reading about various myths and legends. The Arthurian legend is so fascinating! The story begins with Nina and her mother travel to London, her mother's birthplace, to visit her Uncle Blaise. Seventeen-year-old Nina has been having a strange recurring dream that intrigues her, so she begins to look for some answers. There is a sense of magic surrounding Nina as seeks her destiny. I can't wait to delve into this fascinating story! Excellent review! :tiphat:
Dzejn_Crvena
Favorite Book: The Greater Understanding
Currently Reading: The Wish List
Bookshelf Size: 2322
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dzejn-crvena.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Dzejn_Crvena »

I'll have to skip this book because I'm not a fan of romance, and I don't like to read a sequel of a series without knowing the prequels first. Moreover, Celtic and Arthurian legends are beyond my field of interest. This book is fascinating to those who like such stories. Congratulations on the BOTD.
just call me "jane" :tiphat:
Dalia Chf
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dalia-chf.html
Latest Review: Infinity by Catalina DuBois

Post by Dalia Chf »

Great job on this review, it’s very thorough and explains the plot very well. I love mythology and legends, and I love it when there’s a different take from the original ones, so this sounds like a very intriguing read to me!
Bettny Andrade
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 127
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bettny-andrade.html
Latest Review: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden by Londyn Skye

Post by Bettny Andrade »

Magic, adventures, and investigation, this book promises a lot, I like the theme it deals with and I'm sure I can enjoy reading it. Thanks for this great review.
Moin Vinchu17
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moin-vinchu17.html
Latest Review: Purpose by Gina Bianchini

Post by Moin Vinchu17 »

A great sparking review..

The review starts with a captivating sentence itself which speaks about Myths and cultures.we can see mythologies, cultures,legendries in evry knook and corner around us so i would love to read authors approach on these subjects..

The protagonist travelling to britain to fetch answers regarding her identity,destiny excites me.The reviewer even praises the artistic work making the review appealing .It also speaks about love and romance and gives this piece a 4 star rating which is just like a cherry on acake..

I am gonna add this to my shelf and look further towards it...
Vidhi Adhikari
Currently Reading: True Teryn
Bookshelf Size: 280
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vidhi-adhikari.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by Vidhi Adhikari »

Books on mythology are not really my thing but I'll definitely recommend this book to people interested in the genre. Congratulations on being listed as Book of the day.
Navya Sri 4
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Navya Sri 4 »

I love the way the reviewer has written everything about the book which is honest and geniune. After reading this review the love for mythology in me is ignited me . Couldn't wait to read this and share my view of the book . I would appreciate the reviewer for giving a clear glimpse of what's inside the book . All th best for your future reviews too . I think you can write a book .
Navya Sri 4
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Navya Sri 4 »

I love the way the reviewer has written everything about the book which is honest and geniune. After reading this review the love for mythology in me is ignited . Couldn't wait to read this and share my view of the book . I would appreciate the reviewer for giving a clear glimpse of what's inside the book . All the best for your future reviews too . I think you can write a book . The review clearly show how well you've gone through the tiny details of the book .
John Arun Kumar
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 180
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-john-arun-kumar.html
Latest Review: Sophistries of Summer Days by Jenny Lofters

Post by John Arun Kumar »

Ayn Cates Sullivan seems to be very creative and talented and has done well with her research and turn her imagination into an engaging Arthurian mythological fiction. It takes quite a bit of creativity to step into the protagonist's shoes and write the story in the first person. Your review is so well written.
Congratulations Ayn Cates Sullivan on the BOTD!
Harty Muli
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 275
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: Independence Corrupted by Charles Benjamin Schudson

Post by Harty Muli »

I like historical novels because I feel like I have moved back to another time. I look forward to reading this one. Thanks for the review.
Boye Emmanuel
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-boye-emmanuel.html
Latest Review: Welcome to Dreamland by Rasa Ponce

Post by Boye Emmanuel »

I am a fan of Legend and Myth books and movies. Nimue shares the same genre with one of my fave. Congratulations on the BOTD.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”