Review of Fact Check and More Probing Tales

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Jesse Shon Voyamba
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jesse-shon-voyamba.html
Latest Review: The Sword Swallower and a Chico Kid by Gary Robinson

Re: Review of Fact Check and More Probing Tales

Post by Jesse Shon Voyamba »

Although the stories are tales, it is good that most of them deal on contemporary issues. I strongly believe that reading this book will give me the author's perspective on some important issues since they drawn upon his experience.
Ivy_Nesty28
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 48
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ivy-nesty28.html
Latest Review: The Mission by Tara Basi

Post by Ivy_Nesty28 »

This book, which contains twenty-two short stories would delight anyone. I liked the fact that they dealt with varied topics. I liked the story of Toby. Does he marry the prostitute is a curious question.
Ogechi Okonkwo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 40
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ogechi-okonkwo.html
Latest Review: Taken by Twilight by Tricia Barr

Post by Ogechi Okonkwo »

I love a book that contains a collection of stories and this book definitely has that. It also has unique names and titles for each story. Each of the stories has an interesting explanation and I loved every part of it.
Angel Babatido 1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Angel Babatido 1 »

I like that it contains 22 short stories. The fact that they are funny is an additional advantage. It will make them easy to sift through in a whim.
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

The wide range of themes discussed in short story collections is what makes them special, and this one seems no different. This sounds like a great book, and your review shows how much you enjoyed this book. Well done on the review.
"All I can do is fight, and I intend to. After all, giving up on the process is giving up on the result."
tienlen152
Currently Reading: The Promise of Whiteness: Its Past and Its Future
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tienlen152.html
Latest Review: Mark Victor Hansen, Relentless by Mitzi Perdue

Post by tienlen152 »

The author of the given passage provides a positive and engaging review of James Hanna's anthology of short stories, Fact Check and More Probing Tales. The author highlights the book's diverse collection of stories, all of which center around the theme of modern life. The author particularly enjoys Hanna's use of colloquial language in Toby's stories, making them relatable and realistic. The review also notes the author's successful portrayal of complex characters, including Tom Hemmings and Daniel Geegax. The author also comments on Hanna's ability to touch on current events such as the pandemic and the impeachment of Donald Trump. The review concludes by highlighting several stories that have an otherworldly vibe to them, urging readers to contemplate societal structures and their roles within them. Overall, the author provides a thoughtful and nuanced review of James Hanna's work, encouraging readers to give the anthology a try.
Wayne Njoroge
Favorite Book: The Dark Web Murders
Currently Reading: Bloody Redemption
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wayne-njoroge.html
Latest Review: Because He Loved Us by Sharon Williams

Post by Wayne Njoroge »

A book has a collection of stories that are unique with their own story plots. Congrats on being BOTD.
Omobolanle Shittu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-omobolanle-shittu.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Omobolanle Shittu »

A collection of short tales with a review so good. I look forward to reading this soon. Thank you for a brilliant review.
Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-youngreader720-oluwabukunmiwilliamsoso.html
Latest Review: Swoosh! Shooting the Perfect Shot by Wajeedah Bilal

Post by Youngreader720-OluwabukunmiWilliamsOso »

I like it when a collection of short stories have a central theme, and this one explores several aspects of life and follows some interesting characters. Congrats on BOTD.
Huini Hellen
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: Conversing with Various Entities
Bookshelf Size: 115
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-huini-hellen.html
Latest Review: Singularity by Jayme A. Oliveira Filho

Post by Huini Hellen »

I'm attracted to this book owing to the fact that it's well-edited and thus guarantees uninterrupted reading experience. Thanks for the review.
The mind adapts and converts to its own purposes the obstacle to our acting. The impediment to action advances action. What stands in the way becomes the way. - Marcus Aurelius
Aung Hpone
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Aung Hpone »

A compilation of short tales, one of which describes how Toby's father drove him to Michigan City to engage in some sex, where he met Brandi, a part-time prostitute with a golden heart. Superb assessment.
Christabel Egbeama
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christabel-egbeama.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet
Reading Device: B09KBSDRDG

Post by Christabel Egbeama »

A collection of short stories are one of my favorite things to read. But I especially like this book because of how connected these stories are. I love that the characters in some of the stories are recurrent which shows the extent of the character development of the book. Congratulations on BOTD.
SINGH JAY
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-singh-jay.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by SINGH JAY »

Congrats on BOTD!
Twenty-two short stories make up this intriguing collection of short stories, which will make you think as well as laugh.an assortment of short stories, most of which revolve around Toby.These thought-provoking, realistic tales are sure to keep readers riveted to the pages, yearning for more, since they are humorously written and told.
Valeria Riveraa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-valeria-riveraa.html
Latest Review: Of Zots and Xoodles by Zarqnon the Embarrassed

Post by Valeria Riveraa »

I have to admit that the author's writing style is quite intriguing. I love the little twist of plot here and there, and also the humor this book contains. I'm particularly interested in Toby Dawes' story, I want to know how his love life turned out. Congratulations on BOTD.
Shelby Ayres
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shelby-ayres.html
Latest Review: The Wrong Side of the Room by Norman Mathews

Post by Shelby Ayres »

A novel of twenty-two short stories that not only encourage thought but also bring a little humor to the book. The stories being about different stages in his life bring an interesting element to the book.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”