Official Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dan Polumbric
Currently Reading: The Great Migration
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dan-polumbric.html
Latest Review: The Vine by Adria L. Dunn

Re: Official Review: McDowell by William H. Coles

Post by Dan Polumbric »

this review made me want to read the book more, as the sample didn't give enough of a clue to the direction of the plot. I enjoy reading books which centre on complex, morally gray characters that grow and potentially redeem themselves in the end. Solid book.
grace ruhara
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-grace-ruhara.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

Post by grace ruhara »

This book is a great definition of how someone's past comes crawling in his future without him knowing.
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 173%

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

The above review of McDowell" by William H. Coles has given me an overview of what's inside the book. The book talks about a character Hiram his life, as a surgeon, and sometimes around his family. The familial connection has been given particular importance. Congrats on the BOTD award. Overall a great review!
Leonie Vermaak
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 631
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leonie-vermaak.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Leonie Vermaak »

McDowell sounds like quite a character. Seems like in his younger years he was not a nice person to be around with, but luckily this changes it seems. Falling from his throne as a surgeon might just be what he needed to become humble again. Thanks for a great review.
Mercy Wambui Ndungu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mercy-wambui-ndungu.html
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago

Post by Mercy Wambui Ndungu »

Thank you for sharing your thoughtful and engaging review of William H. Coles's novel, "McDowell." Your vivid description of the emotional journey and complex characters within the story makes it clear that this book is a rich exploration of human nature and the consequences of life's unexpected turns.
Latest Review: Wisdom by Arun mago
Veronica Hunter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 68
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-veronica-hunter.html
Latest Review: Northland Chronicles Mother World in Peril by John Frederick Zurn

Post by Veronica Hunter »

McDowell is a literary gem by William H. Coles, delivering a powerful narrative that leaves a lasting impact. The exploration of Hiram McDowell's life, relationships, and the complexities of guilt and redemption showcases the author's exceptional storytelling prowess.
Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chuks-ogechukwu-bianca.html
Latest Review: Doctoroo & the Case of the Hacking Hippo by Dr. Rachel B. Wellner

Post by Chuks Ogechukwu Bianca »

An interesting fictional piece filled with emotions and shows the dire consequences of actions. It also depicts elements of family and parenthood. Great read. Congrats on #BOTD
Obc Contentor
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-obc-contentor.html
Latest Review: I’m The Same by James Ungurait

Post by Obc Contentor »

You gave a thorough analysis of the book. From the summary given in the review, the book proves to teach human nature, especially in critical situations. Contrast on BOTD.
DL Gardene
Currently Reading: The Reverend Psychopath
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by DL Gardene »

McDowell

The author takes us on a journey about a man and his family that goes through its ups and downs. As the reader we all can take something from their journey and apply it to our own lives. We do a lot of self reflection and family reflection and learn to go about ourselves differently.
Atieno Magero
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 149
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-atieno-magero.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Atieno Magero »

McDowell seems like a captivating and thought provoking book. The book has an interesting storyline with well developed characters. I look forward to reading this book soon.
Somtochukwu O Ezeme
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 119
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-somtochukwu-o-ezeme.html
Latest Review: Just Die by E Alan Fleischauer

Post by Somtochukwu O Ezeme »

The book tells story of life, relationships, family, friendships, and other aspects of human development. It is a good book for everyone who seeks deeper knowledge of the workings of life. Thank you.
Chockanathan G
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chockanathan-g.html
Latest Review: How to be a SuperStar Salesperson by Audri White
2024 Reading Goal: 60
2024 Goal Completion: 26%

Post by Chockanathan G »

The first thing I noticed in this book was that the author depicted the struggles of mountain climbers. Your way of describing the protagonist is good. We should agree that everyone was living by blaming the past but past was fundamentally unrelated to our current lives. Your review has captured the exact content of the book. Keep doing!!
Tejas Koli
Favorite Book: The Great Migration
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 158
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tejas-koli.html
Latest Review: The Darkest Gift - Revised edition by Len Handeland
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 144%

Post by Tejas Koli »

"McDowell" by William H. Coles seems like an emotionally charged journey, filled with a rollercoaster of feelings and a profound exploration of guilt and redemption. The complexity of Hiram McDowell's character and the impact of his choices on relationships make this story intriguing. Eagerly anticipating the twists and turns, and how the characters navigate the consequences of their actions. 📚💫
Ganeefa Karan
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ganeefa-karan.html
Latest Review: Saving KC by Grinnell Desjarlais

Post by Ganeefa Karan »

The first part of the story makes one contemplate how to feel about Hiram McDowell due to his actions and characteristics; however, I'm satisfied to learn that he regrets his life choices and that his past becomes a learning experience for him. I'm curious to find out how the story ends.
Kigen Valarie
Official Reviewer Representative
Favorite Author: Amy K Collier
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kigen-valarie.html
Latest Review: The Overwhelming Love Of God Amidst Silent Screams In 12Ways by Janelle Sealy-Francis
fav_author_id: 281506
2024 Reading Goal: 240
2024 Goal Completion: 12%

Post by Kigen Valarie »

I'm genuinely mesmerized by McDowell's life. I would love to read abou the things he has done in his life as a surgeon. There are many things that happen in the health care profession and since the story is about crime, I can't miss it. I hope other readers do not miss this as well.
Life will go whichever way. Changing it is up to a very powerful force :|

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”