Official Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Misael Carlos
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: The Sins of a Master Race
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 214
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-misael-carlos.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Re: Official Review: Ironbark Hill by Jennie Linnane

Post by Misael Carlos »

I’m curious as to how Natalie and Bruce’s relationship will pan out and how she addressed all the challenges she faced from all those she interacted, from her family and the rest of the society she belonged to.
MARTHA UGOCHI ASOGWA
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-martha-ugochi-asogwa.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by MARTHA UGOCHI ASOGWA »

The reviewer commends "Ironbark Hill" for its compelling narrative, impressive character development, and immersive writing style, making it a captivating read akin to watching a movie. Nice review.
Sara Rispo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sara-rispo.html
Latest Review: The Girl Who Knew Da Vinci by Belle Ami

Post by Sara Rispo »

It sounds like an interesting coming-of-age story. However, some elements of the story, such as the alcoholic stepfather and falling in love with a married man, sound a little too predictable for my taste. Nevertheless, I might still give this book a chance and see if it changes my mind.
"Please, my dear, don't burn yourself to keep them warm".
Abraham Ozo
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-abraham-ozo.html
Latest Review: Dyson's Destiny by C R Siemon

Post by Abraham Ozo »

"Ironbark Hill" is a captivating first-person narrative by Natalie with rich descriptions that draw readers in effortlessly. The writing is balanced, maintaining a fluid pace. Characters are uniquely crafted, with Natalie portrayed as a strong yet flawed elder sibling.
Upphilan Paul
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-upphilan-paul.html
Latest Review: Play Golf Better Faster: The Classic Guide to Optimizing Your Performance and Building Your Best Fast by Kalliope Barlis

Post by Upphilan Paul »

This book is exceptional. We follow Natalie's thrilling and compelling experiences as she tries to ensure everyone around her is okay. The book is amazing and highly recommended. Congrats on BOTD.
Runan
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-runan.html
Latest Review: Healing Wounds of the Soul by Elizabeth Campos
2024 Reading Goal: 100
2024 Goal Completion: 35%

Post by Runan »

Having to face sibling rivalry, along with domestic violence at the hands of her alcoholic father and undertaking responsibility as the eldest child, is a lot to take on for sixteen-year-old Natalie. The character arc of Natalie is well developed, as we experience an array of emotions while traveling with her. I look forward to this the most in this book. Her relationship with her employer, Rosemary, whom she admires, is something to look out for as well, since a complex situation arises out of Natalie’s feelings for Rosemary’s husband. Your review is impeccable and covers all the aspects a reader would like to know beforehand.
Runan
Salome Ogani
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salome-ogani.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Salome Ogani »

Natalie seems like such a complex, realistic protagonist. Flawed but sympathetic, responsible yet still impulsive at times. The contradictions likely make her journey to self-discovery Even more compelling.
Jay Lu
Currently Reading: Magi Apprentice
Bookshelf Size: 62
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jay-lu.html
Latest Review: Casindra Lost by Marti Ward

Post by Jay Lu »

Your review of 'Ironbark Hill' perfectly captures the essence of this novel. I agree that the author's attention to detail and character development is remarkable. Natalie's journey, especially the way her character's flaws are revealed, makes her incredibly human and relatable. The storytelling approach, focusing on one issue per chapter, seems to have greatly enhanced the narrative. Your insight into how this book appeals to both teenagers and adults due to its mature themes is spot-on. A 4 out of 4 stars rating seems well-deserved!
Jennifer Coxon
Currently Reading: Cancer, Faith & Butterflies
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennifer-coxon.html
Latest Review: Love Letters to the Virgin Mary by David Richards
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 0%

Post by Jennifer Coxon »

The author creates a great connection from the start with little Natalie, even before the first chapter. The style of writing is beautiful and descriptive, enough to carry the reader away, although I find that happens with books describing the landscape of Australia.
Priyankan Nayak
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyankan-nayak.html
Latest Review: The Warrior's Meditation by Richard L Haight
2024 Reading Goal: 15
2024 Goal Completion: 173%

Post by Priyankan Nayak »

"Ironbark Hill" by Jennie Linnane is a wonderful novel. The review has described intricately about the book. It's story writing, flawless writing, minimal error, character description everything is perfected. The character's background and their work are explained. Best wishes on the BOTD award.
Asma Aisha Ansari
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Favorite Book: Roadside Picnic
Currently Reading: Sapiens
Bookshelf Size: 818
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asma-aisha-ansari.html
Latest Review: When the Tamarind Tree Blooms by Elaine Russell
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Asma Aisha Ansari »

I'm intrigued by Natalie's complex journey in Ironbark Hill. The characters' depth and the author's meticulous storytelling make me eager to dive into this emotionally charged narrative of love, ambition, and family dynamics.
Imagination is a good servant, and a bad master. - Agatha Christie
DL Gardene
Currently Reading: The Reverend Psychopath
Bookshelf Size: 21

Post by DL Gardene »

Ironbark Hill

The author immediately grabs the reader’s attention by allowing them to see that a young girl wants nothing but the best for her parents. This book allows us to use it as a guide especially those who have parents that don’t always get along or something is going on between them. Finding a way to deal with things outside of our control, she finds herself working. The author shows dedication with the details of the story.
Moisés Alcántara Ayre
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mois-s-alc-ntara-ayre.html
Latest Review: Making Life-Changing Decisions by Victor Chukwu

Post by Moisés Alcántara Ayre »

This is a story that engaged me right away, on the first page--the descriptions and the talent to put words in the right place and time combine to produce such a captivating story. Violence at home is what triggers the whole story and it reminds us of the consequences it brings to those around it.
hema gusain
Currently Reading: E M P Honeymoon
Bookshelf Size: 4
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hema-gusain.html
Latest Review: The Maple Seed Helicopter by Marco Collina

Post by hema gusain »

I have read few pages of the novel,your review is quite a mirror of the soul of the story.It's gripping,emotional and at the same time realistic.Readers be prepared to indulge in a rollercoster experience with Natalie.A must read,Happy reading to all!
Sehar Zee
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5

Post by Sehar Zee »

The story of a brave girl who fight lonely with critical situation made me sad.I really mesmerized with the story .It seems the characters are playing on stage in front of my eyes . The girl is very responsible but she is also a young and like someone. The ambitions of girl took her to the decisions that may hurt her .This novel is for everyone teenagers can also read this novel.This is my first English novel and it turned out perfect. Highly recommend this book to everyone.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”