Against the day

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
perksofbeingme
Bookshelf Size: 0

Against the day

Post by perksofbeingme »

Plain and simple. Against the day by Thomas Pynchon. Has anyone read it and if so is it worth the time spent to read 1000+ pages? I've heard many mixed reviews on it which is why I'm asking.
How happy is the blameless Vestal's lot! The world forgetting, by the world forgot. Eternal sunshine of the spotless mind! Each pray'r accepted, and each wish resign'd.
knightss

Post by knightss »

i own it, i have yet to read it.

sorry, i'm sure that doesn't help you much lol
"Words can be like x-rays, if you use them properly - they'll go through anything. You read and you're pierced." - Huxely
sjankis630

Post by sjankis630 »

i own it and have finished it. It took me about 2 years though. I cannot say I would recommend a Pynchon book to anyone who was not a Pynchon fan already. Save for maybe his latest, which is titled Inherent Vice and is shorter and immenently more readible.
in short don't buy it, check it out if you are not sure. See if you can get through the first 200 pages or so before it is due back to the library. if you can't then don't bother buying it.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”