Official Review: India in Chaos,Only Judiciary can Save[i...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Author: Kristin Hannah
Favorite Book: The Nightingale
Currently Reading: Why in the World Are We Here?
Bookshelf Size: 2400
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mar-a-andrea-fern-ndez-sep-lveda.html
Latest Review: You Say Goodbye by Keith Steinbaum
fav_author_id: 5604

Re: Official Review: India in Chaos,Only Judiciary can Save[i...

Post by María Andrea Fernández Sepúlveda »

In Part II, he deftly expands his presentation on India’s governance failures that still persist today, such as 50% of child mortality is due to malnutrition and almost 40% of the population are unable to procure their daily food. Since the awareness of these cruel conditions is not enough to bring about change, his idealistic vision is completed in the last part by offering realistic and plausible scenarios full of highly detailed, descriptive solutions.
Oh, God! The statistics are appalling. But knowledge might be the first tool needed to improve this country's situation.
As always, your review is thoroughly and masterfully written and I think your criticism is very well justified. Thank you!
Marissa Michael
Currently Reading: Carrie
Bookshelf Size: 586
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marissa-michael.html
Latest Review: Heartaches 3 by H.M. Irwing
2024 Reading Goal: 5
2024 Goal Completion: 60%

Post by Marissa Michael »

I didn't expect things are worse in India until I read this. Their people are so hard working & surely they don't deserve this. My respect to all hardworking Indians despite the corrupted government.
"Read in order to live." ~Gustave Flaubert
"Fiction reveals truths that reality obscures." ~Ralph Waldo Emerson
InStoree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

Lunastella wrote: 29 Apr 2020, 13:45
In Part II, he deftly expands his presentation on India’s governance failures that still persist today, such as 50% of child mortality is due to malnutrition and almost 40% of the population are unable to procure their daily food. Since the awareness of these cruel conditions is not enough to bring about change, his idealistic vision is completed in the last part by offering realistic and plausible scenarios full of highly detailed, descriptive solutions.
Oh, God! The statistics are appalling. But knowledge might be the first tool needed to improve this country's situation.
As always, your review is thoroughly and masterfully written and I think your criticism is very well justified. Thank you!
It is scary indeed, but I'm glad that are people out there (such as K.C. Agrawal) who take initiative to improve the wrongdoings.
I deeply appreciate your feedback. Thank you, Andrea! 😊
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
InStoree
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 181
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-instoree.html
Latest Review: The Mermaid Broker by Sue Hinkin

Post by InStoree »

ParadoxicalWoman wrote: 30 Apr 2020, 01:15 I didn't expect things are worse in India until I read this. Their people are so hard working & surely they don't deserve this. My respect to all hardworking Indians despite the corrupted government.
I knew little about the hardships of India too. Mostly, my knowledge was based on the absolutely fascinating tourist parts of the country. But the eye-opening work of the author revealed the underpinnings of government and the real life of the common man. Thank you for sharing your thoughts, Marissa!
Love is the only power out there that trumps hatred, grief, sadness, or anger.
~Tayma Tameem
Magnify3
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 45
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-magnify3.html
Latest Review: Love, Grandma by Ann Morris

Post by Magnify3 »

This is indeed very revealing. Thanks for the detailed review. I do have great respect for India.
Miks_solon
Favorite Book: Inviting Muslims to Christ
Currently Reading: Zona: The Forbidden Land
Bookshelf Size: 77
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-miks-solon.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Miks_solon »

Thank you for your complete review. I wish my country has a author like him, too.An analysis about a country's status is interesting.
"Sometimes we need fantasy to survive the reality"
Elizabeth Pass
Favorite Book: Dealing with Dragons (Enchanted Forest Chronicles, #1)
Currently Reading: Reign
Bookshelf Size: 126
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bb587.html
Latest Review: COVIDinners by Katie M Zeigler

Post by Elizabeth Pass »

Since I'm not interested in government or travel, I don't think I could read 600 pages about India. It sounds well-researched and thought-provoking though.
jennydelacruz
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 155
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jennydelacruz.html
Latest Review: Relieved by Cheryl Richardson

Post by jennydelacruz »

Wow! India's situation reflects that of ours, the Philippines. The issues on corruption, poor leadership, malnutrition, legal inadequacies among others have striking resemblance to our country's current state.
the avoidance of terrorist-style activism
A lot of millennials and student activists in our country would surely benefit from this book. The activists nowadays seem to have barbaric ways of protesting; instead of making their voices heard and their points taken, they make a messy and chaotic scene that they make people annoyed and disturbed rather than sympathetic and in agreement with their argument.

Thank you for such a comprehensive and detailed review!
Eunoia Alice
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Eunoia Alice »

This appears to be a fascinating book on the nature of governance! I’m specifically intrigued by the emphasis on avoidance of terrorist styles of activism, which appear to be becoming increasingly applicable to our current political climate. Thank you for this detailed and illuminating review.
Ferdinand_Otieno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Victor Rose
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1749
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ferdinand-otieno.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker
fav_author_id: 78026

Post by Ferdinand_Otieno »

This is an informative non-fiction educational book that is a meticulous analysis of Indian constitution. It highlights corruption, poverty, unemployment, and violation of human rights. The book has a free sample on Amazon Kindle and an inciteful OnlineBookClub review.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

Sounds like a well researched book with a lot of information, and well developed suggestions.
tarafarah7
Favorite Author: Mitch Albom
Favorite Book: <a href="http://forums.onlinebookclub.org/shelve ... ">tuesdays with Morrie</a>
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1439
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarafarah7.html
Latest Review: Toni the Superhero by R.D. Base
Reading Device: B00IKPYKWG
fav_author_id: 2544

Post by tarafarah7 »

Informative and eye-opening, today's BOTD is best fit for students and readers interested in government, specifically that of India. It's well-written, and the issues discussed are very well-researched. Thank you so much for the review; you did an outstanding job!!
Roze KSJ
Currently Reading: The Turn
Bookshelf Size: 6
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roze-ksj.html
Latest Review: Masters and Bastards by Christopher J. Penington

Post by Roze KSJ »

I think the author did a great job by adding solutions, detailed ones at that, to the problems he/she mentioned in the book. It shows that the author has put some very serious effort into the book.
Vic Chimezie
Currently Reading: Twisted Threads
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-vic-chimezie.html
Latest Review: All The Good Little Girls Keep Quiet by K. Kibbee

Post by Vic Chimezie »

It is very easy to relate to this book. It is more like the African story. Poverty in the midst of abundance. I appreciate your insightful review. Thanks for the recommendation.
jollyangel81
Currently Reading: Lady in Waiting
Bookshelf Size: 39

Post by jollyangel81 »

India is one country that I would love to visit. Even though it has many problems it is really interesting.

The writer has written it nicely and very simple to understand. His writing skills are good and easy to understand.

Problems highlighted and solutions offered if implemented will go a long way in improving the country. This will also help in security and economic matters.

A job well done

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”