Official Review: Perfect by Linda Heavner Gerald

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Rosemary Wright
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Author: Sydney Sheldon
Favorite Book: Spanky
Currently Reading: Culture Man
Bookshelf Size: 689
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rosemary-wright.html
Latest Review: Gods Whisper Always Near by Sharon Williams
Reading Device: Android

Official Review: Perfect by Linda Heavner Gerald

Post by Rosemary Wright »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Perfect" by Linda Heavner Gerald.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Perfect, by Linda Heavner Gerald, follows three teenagers, Benjy, Miriam and Lila. At the age of 13, on his birthday, Benjy's father gives him their maid, Arjana, who transforms him from an innocent kid into a boy with great desires. Benjy falls in love with Arjana, and afterwards, she disappears. Now, he can never love another woman, except her.

Later on, Benjy meets Lila and Miriam, who love him unconditionally. He begins a game and later comes up with a relationship arrangement. Will the girls agree on his plan? Eventually, they all graduate from high school and get into college. Will their choices give them the beautiful lives they desire?

Set in the United States, this fast-paced book is intriguing and well written, though the storyline seems somewhat weird. It is easy to read and flows smoothly, being full of drama and interesting twists. Exploring the theme of the consequences of bad choices in life, the tale relates to love, romance, and deception. Moreover, being a novel with young main characters, some of the dialogues and thoughts seem too mature for teens. I don't think any teenager would reason and talk the way they sometimes do. Anyway, the book is full of life lessons, and I enjoyed reading it. It's suspenseful and unputdownable, having a solid plot.

Consisting of 211 pages, Perfect was a quick read for me, and the author describes the events and characters in it very well, which makes it quite relatable and gripping. However, it includes the losing of some loved ones, but it ends on a happy note. If you don't like books with a bit of tragedy, you may want to steer clear of this one. Also, I didn't notice any profane word, and there are sex scenes, which are not graphic.

Furthermore, the book contains fascinating characters, though some of them are weird with strange perspectives on life. Benjy is handsome and smart but self-centered. Miriam and Lila are innocent girls, who would do anything for love. Nevertheless, sometimes, I saw them as being gullible; they are still young anyway.

Overall, I rate Perfect 4 out of 4 stars. I don't have a reason to rate it lower. It's entertaining and enlightening. Also, it was well edited; I saw only a couple of grammar and typographical errors, which are not distracting. I recommend it to teenagers. Since it shows some consequences of wrong choices, they'll learn a lot from it.

Perfect
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

Reading through this review only left me with one question "What could the relationship arrangement be?". This is a review nicely put together. I hope I enjoy this book as much as you did.
Splendour0606
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-splendour0606.html
Latest Review: The Spirituality Puzzle by James Rondinone and Renee Rondinone

Post by Splendour0606 »

Interesting review.I hope Benjy finds a better love than Arjana or better still finds her again.Great storyline, will love to read it.
Kachi_Ejiogu+_
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kachi-ejiogu.html
Latest Review: The Reel Sisters by Michelle Cummings

Post by Kachi_Ejiogu+_ »

Sounds like an interesting read. Benjy looks like a selfish person that wants things to go his way. I'd love to find out how that works out for him. The author did a good job, so did you. Thank you for a detailed review.
Dannyphery
Currently Reading: Illustrated Short Fiction of William H. Coles: 2000-2016
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dannyphery.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Dannyphery »

Perfect is a wonderful piece...
Promises to be inspiring and entertaining also.
Thanks for sharing a nice review.
Adanna Inya
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-adanna-inya.html
Latest Review: The Ripsons by Joe v morrow

Post by Adanna Inya »

What kind of book is this? They now gift women to people? And what kind of relationship arrangement can there be between him and two women simultaneously.
Whoa! I'll pass.
Nath_chuks
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nath-chuks.html
Latest Review: The Mountain and The Goat by Siamak Taghaddos

Post by Nath_chuks »

Knowing the consequence of wrong choices. I enjoyed your review, it raised curiosity to know why a father would give a teenager their maid which corrupted his innocence. But i"ll pass
AnnOgochukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-annogochukwu.html
Latest Review: Our Autumn Years by Arthur Hartz

Post by AnnOgochukwu »

This review is simple and straight to the point. And I wish to read this book now. I wonder curiously what the relationship 'arrangement' spoken of is, and I would like to know what mistakes the reviewer speaks of.
ReneeBrown
Favorite Book: The Outsiders
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-reneelu1998.html
Latest Review: the brave and the wicked by Brandon clarke
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by ReneeBrown »

Your review is really interesting. The plot of this book seems kind of weird, like you said. It doesn't seem like something I would read but that's interesting that you described it as unputdownable.
Thanks for the review!
Kwhitehead
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kwhitehead.html
Latest Review: The Freedom Building by Martin Kendall

Post by Kwhitehead »

I really enjoyed your review! I am very curious about the arrangement that is set up between the characters!
Moray_001
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-moray-001.html
Latest Review: Of All Faiths & None by Andrew Tweeddale

Post by Moray_001 »

I enjoyed reading your review. Although I’m not a teenager anymore I read a lot of books that helped steer me towards avoiding certain choices. Books can really impact the reader.
Ediomis_Enwongo01
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ediomis-enwongo01.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Ediomis_Enwongo01 »

It's quite unfortunate that Bengy was obsessed with that which doesn't exist on planet earth i.e perfection. A lesson for everyone that we can't find perfection in an imperfect world. Thanks for a well composed review.
Cassie Lyn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-cassie-lyn.html
Latest Review: “Wisdom Of The Men” by Clint Arthur

Post by Cassie Lyn »

This book seems like it would be an interesting read. Great review!
Deborah kalu
Currently Reading: A Giant Below
Bookshelf Size: 22

Post by Deborah kalu »

This book seems to be interesting. It look like there will a lot to learn from the teenagers.Also, thanks for the owsome review.I will add this to my shelf.
Edwin Amah
Currently Reading: Mug the Wumph the Dancing Wizard
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edwin-amah.html
Latest Review: The Secrets To Living A Fantastic Life... by Dr. Allen Lycka & Harriet Tinka

Post by Edwin Amah »

The title of the book got my interest. Perfect is another good romance book that depicts a lot of mistakes young people make very early in life with regards to falling in love without understanding how it works and how it finally affects those that seek our love later. Will be an interesting read.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”