Official Review: Just Another Day by E. Alan Fleischauer

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Dee_Robert
Favorite Author: C. S. Lewis
Currently Reading: Reel sisters
Bookshelf Size: 56
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-dee-robert.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: Someone Else's End by Matthew Tysz
fav_author_id: 4569

Re: Official Review: Just Another Day by E. Alan Fleischauer

Post by Dee_Robert »

Amazing, Short stories are a great way to get a quick fix on a busy day, but the COVID story does seem too soon.

I may not be one for goriness and profanity but you do make me want to get my hands on the book

Wonderful Review.
kdstrack
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: The Savior
Bookshelf Size: 530
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kdstrack.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by kdstrack »

I like the variety of plots the different stories present for readers. The idea of your loved one coming back from the dead is a popular Catholic belief. They believe that on All Saints Day, your loved one returns. They even prepare a "table" with their loved one's favorite foods. People get off from work so they can spend that time with their loved one. I have seen this practice in some South American countries, but don't know how strong this belief is in other parts of the world. Thanks for this intriguing recommendation!
kandscreeley
Special Discussion Leader
Currently Reading: The Door Within
Bookshelf Size: 487
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kandscreeley.html
Latest Review: The Elf Revelation by Jordan David

Post by kandscreeley »

JM Reviews wrote: 27 May 2020, 02:39 I like short stories. This sounds like a great book to read. Thanks for the review.
If you like short stories, this book is definitely for you. I hope you read and enjoy. Thanks!
A book is a dream you hold in your hands.
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Reubeney wrote: 27 May 2020, 05:53 Haha..I think I will have to read the book to read more on the chocolate kisses. This story sounds quite charming and interesting. Well done for the brilliant review.
Oh yes! You'll have to see where the chocolate kisses end up and if they are truly blessed. Thanks!
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Caffrey_19 wrote: 28 May 2020, 02:24 This narrative seems intriguing, so much so that I might have to grace the pages for confirmation. The writer sounds like a passionate descriptive storyteller. Nice work.
Not all the stories were my favorite, but there is a little something for everyone. Thanks for your comment.
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

B Creech wrote: 28 May 2020, 09:15 Thanks for the excellent review! I am not an avid short story fan, but some of these do sound interesting.I would be put off by the profanity and goriness, so I had better pass on this one! I enjoyed your review!
It doesn't sound like this book is the one for you. There were stories that were quite poignant, though. Thanks for stopping by!
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Dee_Robert wrote: 28 May 2020, 10:08 Amazing, Short stories are a great way to get a quick fix on a busy day, but the COVID story does seem too soon.

I may not be one for goriness and profanity but you do make me want to get my hands on the book

Wonderful Review.
Not all of the stories are particularly gory. There are some that are definitely worth reading anyway. The title story for example. Thanks for commenting!
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

kdstrack wrote: 28 May 2020, 10:22 I like the variety of plots the different stories present for readers. The idea of your loved one coming back from the dead is a popular Catholic belief. They believe that on All Saints Day, your loved one returns. They even prepare a "table" with their loved one's favorite foods. People get off from work so they can spend that time with their loved one. I have seen this practice in some South American countries, but don't know how strong this belief is in other parts of the world. Thanks for this intriguing recommendation!
Interesting. I have heard of many Catholic practices, but I haven't heard of that one before. Thanks so much for the information!
—Neil Gaiman
Lisa A Rayburn
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Fluff Dragon
Bookshelf Size: 267
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lisa-a-rayburn.html
Latest Review: Nightlord: Sunset by Garon Whited
Reading Device: B018QAYM7C

Post by Lisa A Rayburn »

This sounds like an interesting book of short stories. The one about the chocolate kisses seems intriguing, as well as the one about spirits visiting from the afterlife. I may have to pick this one up! Thanks for the review!
Kenesha Latoya Fowler
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading: The Magician's Secret
Bookshelf Size: 86
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kenesha-latoya-fowler.html
Latest Review: Stevie Tenderheart Books - Billy Jack (The Great Escape) by Steve William Laible

Post by Kenesha Latoya Fowler »

I'm in agreement with a lot of the other comments. This book sounds like a must-read, especially as you say it contains "a little something for everyone". It's been a while since I sat down to read a good short story. Maybe I'll do some catching up with this collection. Thanks for a lovely review.
"No one is ever satisfied where he is," said the switchman.
~from The Little Prince by Antoine De Saint-Exupéry~
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Kelyn wrote: 29 May 2020, 15:18 This sounds like an interesting book of short stories. The one about the chocolate kisses seems intriguing, as well as the one about spirits visiting from the afterlife. I may have to pick this one up! Thanks for the review!
If you do find time to read it, I hope that you enjoy. There were several great stories in here. Thanks!
—Neil Gaiman
kandscreeley

Post by kandscreeley »

Kenesha L Fowler wrote: 30 May 2020, 00:19 I'm in agreement with a lot of the other comments. This book sounds like a must-read, especially as you say it contains "a little something for everyone". It's been a while since I sat down to read a good short story. Maybe I'll do some catching up with this collection. Thanks for a lovely review.
Oh yes, depending on what you like, there is something you'll enjoy. Thanks so much for commenting. I hope you can enjoy the book.
—Neil Gaiman
Priyanka2304
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-priyanka2304.html
Latest Review: Serendipity Mystery: Diary of a Snoopy Cat by R.F. Kristi

Post by Priyanka2304 »

I really enjoyed reading your review. Would try to read this book some day.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”