Featured Official Review: Quinn's Bluster by Ena Kosmo

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Kibet Hillary
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 3017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kibet-hillary.html
Latest Review: Nimue by Ayn Cates Sullivan

Featured Official Review: Quinn's Bluster by Ena Kosmo

Post by Kibet Hillary »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Quinn's Bluster" by Ena Kosmo.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Quinn’s birth evoked mixed reactions from his parents. Olivia was naturally delighted that she was finally holding her first child. Due to the child’s unusual size, Olivia had had to be whisked to the operating room for an emergency C-section. Her husband Cameron was unhappy, though, from the moment he set his eyes on the boy. First, he was angry because the ultrasound result was wrong. They had spent a lot of money carefully preparing a room and buying toys for a girl. They had to start the process anew. Secondly, the overweight boy did not 'look' like him. As a result, Cameron’s attitude changed drastically. One day, he drained all the family bank accounts and left never to be seen or heard from again. Olivia had to rely on her parents for support during these devastating moments. Her friend, Kallisto, was also there for her all the way.

Quinn’s Bluster was authored by Ena Kosmo and published by Newman Springs Publishing in 2019. The book is approximately 205 pages long and comprises six chapters. It is in the genre of other fiction and is dedicated to all single parents worldwide. The author narrates a compelling and captivating story about the struggles of single parents, the significance of unrelenting love and support, and the detrimental impact of bullying and discrimination on a child. Therefore, this makes the book both informative and also a clarion call to implement policies to curb all forms of discrimination.

All the characters in the book were excellently developed, and they had unique roles to play as well. Quinn was an endearing boy who was kind but had been driven to isolation through bullying at school. His alienation from others caused him not to take any intentional steps to make friends. Home was the only place that felt safe. However, when he was encouraged to be outgoing Laura was the first friend that he met. She was the source of great influence in his life. Olivia did everything she could to provide all that her son needed. Unfortunately, the greatest betrayal would come from within at an unexpected time.

There are many things that I liked about the book. It clearly demonstrated no initiative can be successful when it is met with resistance to change and inadequate support from those in authority. The devastating effects of discrimination were addressed comprehensively. One does not have to struggle to identify them as they were conspicuous in Quinn’s life. Parents and guardians are also aided to see the importance of fostering intimacy with their children. Several qualities made the book sound more factual than fictional. There is nothing I disliked about it.

The book was professionally edited as I discovered only three minor errors. I heartily rate it 4 out of 4 stars. The book is suitable for parents, guardians, instructors, and other readers who would like to protect children from discrimination. Single parents will also benefit immensely from reading this book as they follow the story of Olivia and her son Quinn. Readers should be aware the book contains elements of mysticism and a few expletives as well. Anyone who is indisposed to them should therefore steer clear of the book.

Quinn's Bluster
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
“It just hurts too much to admit what is wanted so badly when there’s no guarantee of its availability.”
- Dr. Larry Crabb
book_reading2020
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by book_reading2020 »

from what i read this is truly a good book i hope many young people will hear about it read and learn from these true life lessons .
Ada Ling
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-ling.html
Latest Review: Catapulting Commissions by Anthony Garcia

Post by Ada Ling »

Did not really get why Cameron left his wife and child. This sounds an interesting read. Thank you!
Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Happy Healing
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 299
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nqobile-mashinini-tshabalala.html
Latest Review: Anatomy of Revenge by Fred Grace

Post by Nqobile Mashinini Tshabalala »

I can't imagine what being discriminated against as a child does to your relationships and outlook on life. Thanks for the review, I'd like to read the book .
Documented history is a gift from the past to the future! - NqobileM
Damis Seres Rodriguez
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-damis.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Damis Seres Rodriguez »

Not sure this is the kind of book I would enjoy reading, but I appreciate your review, I enjoyed reading it.
Raluca_Mihaila
Favorite Book: The Brothers Karamazov
Currently Reading: The Master and Margarita
Bookshelf Size: 175
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raluca-mihaila.html
Latest Review: Brandy, Ballad of a Pirate Princess by Dan E. Hendrickson

Post by Raluca_Mihaila »

Your review is very interesting, and the book seems intriguing. The topics are not so easy to deal with, but it looks like the reader can find some useful insight. Thank you for your effort!
GianKosi77
Favorite Author: M. Curtis McCoy
Currently Reading: Divided World
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-giankosi77.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler
fav_author_id: 197138

Post by GianKosi77 »

This is a very insightful book. I would love to read this book and share the encouragement with single parents around me.
And a highway will be there; it will be called the Way of Holiness.
Nessareads
Currently Reading:

Post by Nessareads »

this book sounds very interesting and encouraging. I would love to read more.
Kayla_06
Currently Reading:
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kayla-06.html
Latest Review: Evolution's Edge by J.K. Pascall , Aaron E. Davis

Post by Kayla_06 »

This is a great review, thank you. The book sounds fascinating, I would love to read it.
Gift5
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 29
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gift5.html
Latest Review: Shield Down by William de Berg

Post by Gift5 »

I really do enjoy do enjoy books with well developed characters. Thanks for the review.
DANAWEB
Currently Reading: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-danaweb.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by DANAWEB »

What I gathered from your wondeful review is that this is a character driven captivating story about single parenting. Thanks for the detailed review! :tiphat:
Mtibza eM
Favorite Book:
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 102
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mtibza-em.html
Latest Review: Am I Burned Out at Work? by Salar A. Khan MD, MBA

Post by Mtibza eM »

Single parenting is indeed a scourge that needs to curbed urgently. I hope this books appeals to men who are irresponsible to to start act accordingly and stop being deadbeat fathers or what we we call ATM father's — father who only contribute financially a child's wellbeing but not being there in other spectrum. Thank you for this beautiful review!
YoshiB69

Post by YoshiB69 »

Your review is very interesting, and the book seems intriguing.Thanks for the review, I'd like to read the book .
Last edited by YoshiB69 on 30 Nov 2020, 04:46, edited 1 time in total.
1_Sne_haa_1

Post by 1_Sne_haa_1 »

Being single mother or father is very difficult but also very easy to take our own decisions. Not being burden on partner . But difficult for kids to get love of mother and father both . This book is almost based on this thank you and we is reality of author i thinkso
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

Being turned against by your own parents. Poor Olivia!
Great review

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”