Official Review: Pontius Pilate Against The Truth

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Official Review: Pontius Pilate Against The Truth

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Pontius Pilate Against The Truth" by Clifton Moberg & Walter Job.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Pontius Pilate Against The Truth: A Novel of Bible Times by Clifton Moberg and Walter Job is a 538-page historical novel. The book poses a psychological view into Pilate's trial of Jesus. It is divided into twenty-nine chapters.

The plot is set six years after the death of Jesus. Pontius Pilate, an ex-governor of Judaea-Samaria, is banished by Rome's Senate for his excesses while in office. Now he lives an isolated life in his mansion, Spring Grandeur Valley, miles away from the city of Gaul. He is guilt-ridden and depressed due to the blame he received from poorly adjudicating the trial of Jesus. In a bid to prove himself right and regain his peace, he decides to uncover the wrongdoings of Jesus in his early life and discredit him. He persuades his nephew, Florianus Marius, to help on this mission. Marius sets out with a fellow soldier, Kyros, to search for the "hidden years" of Jesus and prove that this new religious sect, called "the Way," is a sure threat to Rome. With the promise of Pilate's empire as a motivating factor, how far will these investigator-detectives go in search of the truth? Read this book to find out more.

I love that the authors gave readers insights and interpretations into some of the teachings of Jesus. They presented arguments for and against Jesus from different parties. I also like the touch of humor the authors incorporated through the book, making it an exciting read. Furthermore, I commend the authors for writing such a detailed and engaging story from a historical event. I will probably remember this novel each time I read about the crucifixion of Christ.

My favorite character is Joseph. I admire his demonstration of courage. The book was professionally edited, as I did not find any grammatical or punctuation errors in it. Therefore, I rate Pontius Pilate Against The Truth: A Novel of Bible Times 4 out 4 stars.

All characters are well developed, and there are no confusing gaps or unexplained time jumps. The novel also shows one can easily be blinded and make mistakes when one is too self-confident.

In conclusion, I recommend this book to avid lovers of biblical history. It is a valuable resource in understanding events at the trial of Jesus. I must say, I walked away from the book fully satisfied. I could not have predicted the ending.

Pontius Pilate Against The Truth
View: on Bookshelves
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Jackie Holycross
Currently Reading: The 7 Experiment
Bookshelf Size: 306
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-teacherjh.html
Latest Review: 20 World Religions and Faith Practices by Robyn Lebron

Post by Jackie Holycross »

This sounds like a compelling look at the life of Christ from a unique perspective.
Smmwallace
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-smmwallace.html
Latest Review: Cosmander and The Crown by Meade Summers

Post by Smmwallace »

This book sounds like a fascinating read. Being written in old English gives me pause, though, as I would probably find it somewhat tricky to read. I'm going to try it. Great review!
Harty Muli
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 273
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-harty-muli.html
Latest Review: I Have Proof of a Higher Power by Ioan Dirina

Post by Harty Muli »

Wow quite a unique plot. I'd be interested to know what Pilate uncovers in the hidden years. This calls for a lot of creativity in the author. Great review.
Pandora10
Favorite Book: Remembering Christmas
Currently Reading: The Road to Management
Bookshelf Size: 116

Post by Pandora10 »

This historical fiction story about Pontius Pilate sounds intriguing. The fact that it is written in Old English also appeals even though it might take a little longer to read. I am interested to learn if Pilate is surprised by what he finds, and if will he be freed from his guilt. Thanks for the great review. Glad you enjoyed the book.
Francis Aderogbin
Favorite Book: Money Faucet
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 189
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-francis-aderogbin.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Francis Aderogbin »

What a great approach to the historical existence of christ. I am looking forward to learning what was uncovered about the early life of christ. This is a great review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”