Official Review: Shine in the Mind You Choose Covid 19 an...

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Official Review: Shine in the Mind You Choose Covid 19 an...

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Shine in the Mind You Choose Covid 19 and All!" by Zoey D Tillman.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Shine in the Mind by Zoey D. Tillman is a non-fiction book that highlights the different events in our lives and how we can change our perspective to see the light. This 46-page book discusses themes such as love, peace, gratitude, God’s love, among other things.

The first four chapters of the book discuss subjects like self-confidence, optimism, and joy. The author encourages the readers not to accommodate doubt but always see the good side of life. She also admonishes the readers to believe in themselves, and great joy will accompany them. The next five chapters express Christ’s unconditional love. She further highlighted the need to be progressive and learn to appreciate things around us. The remaining part of the book explains the importance of self-esteem in our lives. The author highlighted that God is peace, and peace is our birthright; therefore, we should exercise it. Do you wish to learn more? Grab a copy of this book to discover more ways to activate the light in your lives and turn your life into beauty.

This is quite an inspirational read. I loved how the author wrote the book to encourage people during this pandemic period. She expressed those inspiring words as the great motivational speaker that she is. I sensed that she knew and felt the challenges people are facing during the pandemic; hence her book was channeled to enable individuals to avoid frustration and depression.

I appreciate the inspiring quotes at the beginning of each chapter, as it conforms with the title and content of the chapter. Another positive aspect of this book that I love is the tone of the author. She was able to bring out the good in every situation and explain why readers should be optimistic no matter the circumstances. Zoey D. Tillman shared some stories in the book, which served as a testimony for readers and authentication to the message. The diction was also comprehendible.

The only thing I dislike in the book is the grammatical errors I observed while reading. Although, I believe that another round of editing could make the book a flawless one. Therefore, I rate the book 3 out of 4 stars. I removed a star due to the many errors I observed.

However, the book contains a lot of information that would help readers during trying times. Therefore, I recommend Shine in the Mind to people passing through depression and traumatized from losing loved ones. Also, I believe Christians who are frustrated and derailing from God’s love can learn one or two lessons from the book.

Shine in the Mind You Choose Covid 19 and All!
View: on Bookshelves
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
WADonnelly
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 15
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wadonnelly.html
Latest Review: The Unbound Soul by Richard L. Haight

Post by WADonnelly »

Sounds like an interesting book but it's a shame about the errors you found. Not sure this is a book for me but great review!
Wildflowertheorist
Currently Reading: Rise of the Savior
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-wildflowertheorist.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Wildflowertheorist »

It's nice to see people focus on the good on situations and write about it.
Nicely written!
"When you gaze long into an abyss, the abyss gazes also into you."

-Friedrich Nietzsche
Becca Olsson
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 87
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-becca-olsson.html
Latest Review: Animal Village by Nelda LaTeef

Post by Becca Olsson »

Such a short space to pack in so much inspiration. I’m glad the author did a good job of it. Thanks for the great review

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”