Review of "Here We Go Loop de Loop"

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Nzube Chizoba Okeke
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 445
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nzube-chizoba-okeke.html
Latest Review: Natural Relief for Anxiety and Stress by Gustavo Kinrys, MD

Review of "Here We Go Loop de Loop"

Post by Nzube Chizoba Okeke »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of ""Here We Go Loop de Loop"" by William Jack Sibley.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

"Here We Go Loop de Loop" by William Jack Sibley follows the story of a family's desire to bring a much-needed change in Rita Blanca, a small town in Texas that was everything but predictable.

The Pennebaker family had a ranch in Rita Blanca, which also served as their home. After the death of Tom Pennebaker, the heavy responsibility of being the sole heir of the family put Marty Pennebaker's life under intense pressure. She had to deal with a dying father and a pleasurable but inappropriate bedmate, Pettus Lyndecker.

On the other side of the divide, Tom Pennebaker is the gay son of Pete Pennebaker (a very wealthy man). Tom, who died of AIDS, was secretly married to Chito Sosa. Before Tom died, he had given Chito a cheque of two hundred and fifty thousand dollars as security. Tom had set aside the money to improve Rita Blanca to make life a little better. Chito Sosa gave up his life and job with the sole aim of fulfilling his husband's wish.

This book is no doubt a different kind of love story with hilarious characters. There are many characters, with most of them embroiled in their love-related turmoil. The emotional interaction of the characters is perfect; the reader gets to see everything that makes them human. Every character in the book is relatable, but the most appealing character is Pete Pennebaker. He is a very benevolent wealthy man. The reader is quickly drawn to his humanitarian nature. He acknowledges his fault in not properly raising his son, Tom, and is determined not to make that same mistake with Marty. Pete helps Adnan Hakim, a total stranger from Syria, without holding anything back. I can go on and on, but there may not be anything for the reader to discover about Pete when I'm done.

The use of detailed descriptions helps in seamless comprehension. The author's vivid description of what a ranch is and how it works, using the actions and dialogues of the characters, is a big plus to the book. It's not hard to picture what the author means. This is such an entertaining and beautifully written book.

I had to save the best for last. The biggest positive of this book is the rich dialogues. I could pick the characters out following their conversations because their personalities shined forth in their interactions. Another thing that was easy to see was the language. I was enthralled at the effortless and consistent expression of the Texas lingo through the conversations. This example would help drive my point home: "You got that right. Her 'issues' mean we're gonna lose this store. Then what's gonna happen to us? You going back to teaching day school for a buncha drippy-nose toddlers? What am I supposed to do?"

There was absolutely nothing to dislike about this book. Apart from two minor errors, the editing was well done. Therefore, I'd gladly rate it 4 out of 4 stars. Lovers of hilarious family stories would have a great time reading this book.

"Here We Go Loop de Loop"
View: on Bookshelves
Kavita Shah
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Spellbound - The Workings of Drugtech
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 188
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kavita-shah.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Kavita Shah »

The title is amusing. Their Ranch and life will be good to read about. I am not sure if it's for me so I'll skip this one. Great review!
The frant1c reader
Favorite Book: Crime and Punshment
Currently Reading: The Fox
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-frant1c-reader.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: The Fires of Virko by Matthew Tysz

Post by The frant1c reader »

Your review makes it sound interesting. However, I'm not quite sure if it's a right pick for me. Thank you for such a well written review! :D
What do you despise? By this you are truly known....
~Dune.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”