Review of Demography Day

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fazzier
Currently Reading: Secondary Break
Bookshelf Size: 547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fazzier.html
Latest Review: Planning for a Better, Greener Future by Peter Nelson

Review of Demography Day

Post by Fazzier »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Demography Day" by Peter Breally.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Demography Day is a gripping futuristic novel written by Peter Breally. It follows the life of Sonya James, an Australian newspaper journalist who has discovered the perturbing news of all time. During one of her prenatal clinical appointments, Sonya James discovers that women across the world have suddenly stopped falling pregnant. This is after observing a trend that there have been no new enrollees in the clinics for a considerable amount of time. Upon further research, she realizes that this phenomenon has not only affected natural births but also the assisted reproductive technologies, such as in vitro fertilization (IVF). Later, Sonya and her editor, Joe, decide to release the news, and this discovery stirs many governments, including big organizations such as the World Health Organization (WHO), financial institutions, and various religious bodies, among others. Many questions arose, with many people asking themselves what might have suddenly decided to wipe out the human race from the face of our planet. What will they find out?

I greatly enjoyed reading this book. Demography Day is one of the best books I’ve read this year, and it caught my attention right from the start and maintained until the end. There are so many things I liked about it, one of them being how it was well executed. The story exquisitely alternates between the main storyline, characters' backgrounds, and adventure, and all was done in a suspenseful way, making a reader glued to this novel, waiting to uncover the reason for the unprecedented halt in human multiplication. Along the way, readers will learn more about Australia, have insight into Aboriginal culture, and adventure into exotic places in Australia, such as Cocos (Keeling) Islands. I also liked how the author vividly described the scenes and the characters. The characters were also well developed, and what struck me the most was how readers could gauge the level of their familiarity with one another just by observing how they were interacting.

My favorite aspect of this book was the ease with which the author handled a variety of topics in this novel. They were thorough, interesting, and smoothly incorporated, and I couldn't help but realize how well-versed the author is with many topics. Be it politics, health and fitness, sports, romance, religion, weaponry, history, sea navigation, maritime technology, environmental issues, and family matters, among others; all were deeply, expertly, and naturally interlaced in this story. This earned my respect for the author and further enhanced my enjoyment of this terrific novel.

Overall, I didn't find anything to dislike about this book. I only found a few minor errors which were hard to come by, making me believe it was professionally edited. I am, therefore, glad to award Demography Day by Peter Breally a perfect rating of 4 out of 4 stars. The ending is thought-provoking, expertly done, and is nothing I could not have predicted earlier. It is a wrap-up that will leave all of us, humans, thinking.

I highly recommend this book to fans of well-written, thought-provoking suspenseful stories. Additionally, readers who like adventure stories will also appreciate this novel. On the other hand, I can't find anyone to caution against picking this.

Demography Day
View: on Bookshelves
Mayur Arjune
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mayur-arjune.html
Latest Review: The Pro-Achievement Principle by Dr. Deborah Bright

Post by Mayur Arjune »

The review is good and what I get from it is that the women are not getting pregnant, whatever may be reason. This looks interesting I'm going to read it.
Maliha Naveed
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Tales from the Grey Area
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maliha-naveed.html
Latest Review: I Am~The product of the mentally ill lonely monster~My journal by Brandy J Rex

Post by Maliha Naveed »

Having lived in Australia for almost 3 years is the only thing that attracted me to this review. The story doesn't seem to be interesting enough but I would love to know more about Australian Aboriginal culture.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”