Review of Whitney and Wendell

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 171
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Coromandel Dreamin' by Ron Murray

Review of Whitney and Wendell

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Whitney and Wendell" by Melissa Blue.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

What do you think about angels? Do they truly exist? During my high school days, I believed that angels were truly in existence, as I have had occasional encounters with them, and they seemed to live among us.

In Melissa Blue’s book, Whitney and Wendell, we met Missy and Roger. They have been married with a kid, and things seem to get out of hand in their marriage. Roger is a chain smoker and an alcoholic. These habits are almost destroying his marriage, and he lays blame on his wife’s fatigue. Soon after, their daughter, Elaine, started having some experiences with two invisible entities, Whitney and Wendell. This experience holds so much for White’s home that only the reader of this book would uncover.

After reading this book, I started wishing that someday I could experience the presence of angels myself. The experience is one that every human would love to have, as it shows us that there are spiritual beings that monitor our activities here, and they live among us. What I liked most about this book was that it captured a variety of issues and audiences. In other words, it emphasizes the importance of God in our affairs. The book's message imprinted in my heart that I can always ask God to help me in everything. Missy is an excellent example of this point. While her marriage was on the brink of collapse, she puts her hope in God, as she maintained a good relationship with her daughter.

The author ensured that the content of this book would bless those who read it, as she maintained a concise version of the book. I appreciated the author’s simplicity of writing. No aspect of the book appeared complicated, and this would ensure that the younger audience finds the book appealing.

There was nothing I considered negative about this book, even though I disagreed with the idea that Missy could pray to her late grandmother for help. In my own opinion, I do not think such an act could be traceable to the Scripture. This might get some readers confused, especially those who are firm believers in the Bible.

Whitney and Wendell was perfectly executed and exceptionally well edited. Hence, I rate four out of four stars. I did not find any single grammatical error in the whole book. I will recommend this book to those who are currently experiencing difficulty in their family and marriage.

Whitney and Wendell
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I think that a positive tone and faith in a better future are the greatest quality of the book.
Maria Shernelle L
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 5
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maria-shernelle-l.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Maria Shernelle L »

Nice review. I would love to read it also!
Theana De lima Araujo
Favorite Book: The Book Thief
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-theana-d.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by Theana De lima Araujo »

Thank you for the beautiful story reccommendation. I also believe in angels and I love how the book is so positive, I think it will be a story of hope despite the heavy subject matter of a marriage threatening to break. Have a lovely day.
Clare Jose
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Let's Pretend This Never Happened
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 196
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-clare-jose.html
Latest Review: Not Fishy Enough by Briton Kolber

Post by Clare Jose »

"The book's message imprinted in my heart that I can always ask God to help me in everything."

Thank you for a lovely review. :tiphat:
Life is short, break the rules, forgive quickly, kiss slowly, love truly, laugh uncontrollably, and never regret anything that made you smile."

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”