Review of Cat Boss

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sam Ibeh
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 459
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sam-ibeh.html
Latest Review: The vampires: Sodom and Gomorrah by Levănt DuPrae

Review of Cat Boss

Post by Sam Ibeh »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Cat Boss" by Tayma Tameem.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

In Cat Boss: Paws for Action, Tayma Tameem tells an unusual story involving many cats. Detective Devon Bates finds himself entangled with a woman that appears to be quite eccentric. She proposes an alliance that she swears Devon will find helpful. Devon, dedicated to his work and desire to keep his streets safe, becomes amenable to an uncanny partnership with a woman that may be crazy. Devon is, however, willing to make any sacrifice and even believe strange things if it ensures that justice prevails.

Cat Boss: Paws for Action is a heartwarming story, which Tayma tells with an endearing easiness that ensures readers enjoy the book. Reading this book will get readers thinking of the movie Catwoman. This story has an edginess that is captivating and contrasts with the simplicity of the language employed in its narration.

Tayma draws us into a strange world that is very different from ours, where our perception of normal is tested. Tayma challenges readers of this book to stretch their imagination and envision a world where anything is possible. Tayma presents a question to us from the pages of this book; if humans only use a small percentage of their brains, what will happen if, somehow, they access a higher percentage of it? The author shows us a bit of what the outcome will be in this book.

The book is about love and family, as Tayma uses the characters to show this. I believe many readers will identify with the family dynamics that are showcased in this book. The mummy bear character and a teasing brother that gossips represent the typical family. We see in this book how love can be found in the most unexpected places, even when one is not searching for it.

One dominant theme in this book is domestic abuse, which has become a pretty everyday conversation in society today. Tayma gives an insight into this, with emphasis on its debilitating effect on the victims. However, more than abuse, I believe the author presents humanity to us in a beautiful light. She shows us the depth of compassion that human nature can muster and how pain and loss can open us up to love and empathy.

The author structures the chapters of this book with titles and employs humor in her narration. However, the book does not do much in terms of suspense. Readers may find its reading enjoyable but will probably miss that adrenaline rush that is informed by suspense. The author seems not to have spent much time creating twists and turns that may have heightened readers' intrigue and added an excellent spice to the story's general plot. Another missing element here is the setting. The author provides no insight into where this story is taking place, which may create difficulties for readers to connect to the story.

Cat Boss: Paws for Action is recommended to readers who enjoy a good story with no expectation of twisted plots. Though the editing is exceptional, the issues in the books take it down a notch. Therefore, I rate it three out of four stars.

Cat Boss
View: on Bookshelves
Nkgchidimma080
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 13
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nkgchidimma080.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Nkgchidimma080 »

I find this book interesting from the review,I love cat woman,nice review
Astral Magi
Favorite Book: Name of the Wind
Currently Reading: Crossroads
Bookshelf Size: 523
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-astral-magi.html
Latest Review: Island Games by Caleb J. Boyer

Post by Astral Magi »

Domestic abuse is a real problem and incorporating it into fiction may succeed in highlighting the issue. I am also a cat lover, so this story has a great attraction for me. Thank you for a great review.
🕉Be Here Now⌛
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

This seems like a book for when I’m not in the mood for anything serious. I hope that she’s not too eccentric and can indeed help Devon.
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

Cats are cute😊. Meanwhile domestic violence is always a societal issue that puts me off. Thanks for the review though.
Luchris_michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-michael.html
Latest Review: Rulers of the Galaxy by Tayma Tameem

Post by Luchris_michael »

The dynamism of family is a good one. I think i like eccentric personalities. Good review.
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

I love cats, they are so cute and lovely, am going to try this book out, thanks for the honest review.
Hyacinth Bella
Currently Reading: Pride and Prejudice
Bookshelf Size: 98
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-hyacinth-bella.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend

Post by Hyacinth Bella »

I will give this book a try because I've read something by Tayma Tameem before and I absolutely adored it! Thank you for the review!
The fabulous
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-the-fabulous.html
Latest Review: Zona: The Forbidden Land by Fred G. Baker

Post by The fabulous »

I think cat owners would love this. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”