Review of World Order - One Man's Journey

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Fazzier
Currently Reading: Secondary Break
Bookshelf Size: 547
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-fazzier.html
Latest Review: Planning for a Better, Greener Future by Peter Nelson

Review of World Order - One Man's Journey

Post by Fazzier »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "World Order - One Man's Journey" by Harry L. Jensen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

World Order: One Man's Journey is a gripping science fiction written by Harry L. Jensen. Spanning from the recent past to the near future, and incorporating politics and military science, this story takes us through the life of a San Diego mayor who, after winning a lottery, decides to set up Fortress, a secret scientific research facility. The main aims of the facility were to come up with an efficient water engine and solve the cold fusion problem. He, therefore, hires the best scientific minds money can buy, ranging from seasoned professionals to academicians. One day in his office, the mayor is visited by Mr. Unistar, an extraterrestrial being, and Mr. Unistar hands him a thumb drive containing information that could make his scientific research goals a reality. Why were the extraterrestrial beings interested in his research efforts? Why was he, an ordinary human being, chosen to lead humanity in that sensitive, revolutionary journey? If successful, what impact will an efficient water engine have on the world economies? Will he be able to handle the effects? Many questions rushed through his mind, but one thing was for sure. Many uncertainties and exciting adventures lay ahead, and he only had to focus on his mission and allow the future to take its course.

I liked the approach the author took in writing World Order. The author began from the ending events, before going back to when it all began. I liked this approach, as it kept me glued to uncover what led to the scenes in the concluding chapters. Moreover, the events were well-organized, and each had a definite purpose. I also liked the fact that both the main and supporting characters were introduced at perfect moments, and their roles were clearly defined. Another outstanding feature of this book was the author's apparent expertise in IT, physics, politics, and military science, and I am glad he incorporated all these interestingly. The wrap-up was also satisfactorily done, and although not a cliffhanger, it gives a hint to a sequel to this wonderful science fiction, and I am looking forward to it.

My favorite aspect of this book was how well the author developed and depicted the main character, Mayor, who is also the narrator. I don't know why the author chose to make him anonymous, but I liked how the character spiced up my sessions in this terrific tome. I liked him from the beginning, and he is one of the reasons that kept me turning the pages. He is highly intelligent and a strategic thinker. I liked his energy, bluntness, and emotional intelligence. He also has a good sense of humor, his attention to detail is extraordinary, and he has an unmatched memory. His managerial and people skills are also top-notch, and anyone in a managerial position will love his character.

All in all, I couldn't find anything to dislike about this book. I believe it was professionally edited since errors were hard to come by, and I found only a few minor ones. I am, therefore, glad to award World Order: One Man's Journey by Harry L. Jensen 4 out of 4 stars. I had no reason to rate it any lower.

To fans of well-written science fiction incorporating IT, physics, politics, and military science, I highly recommend this. Corporate leaders, politicians, and anyone in a field that requires managing a large group of people will also benefit from the narrator’s strategic thinking and managerial skills. This book made a conscious effort to be free of profanity. I only noticed three instances of censored obscenities, and there was no sexual content at all. I, therefore, believe it is suitable for a wide range of audiences. And lastly, I couldn't find anything that could make me caution anyone against picking it.

World Order - One Man's Journey
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Gabriella1997
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gabriella1997.html
Latest Review: How To Be Successful by M. Curtis McCoy

Post by Gabriella1997 »

From this review, mayor sounds like a very interesting character, am adding this to my book shelves, nice review.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

This book is unique, I admire the author's style of writing. Once review.
Humera955
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading: The Fourth Kinetic
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-humera955.html
Latest Review: Smart Love by Vincent Fudge II
fav_author_id: 2484

Post by Humera955 »

Great review🍀
Sounds like an amazing book📕
:tiphat:
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

first the book cover is so photoshopped badly, the book's plot sounds interesting and common at the same time, not sure about it though, great review
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”