Review of There’s So Much I Need to Say to You

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Saint Bruno
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Agatha Christie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 192
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-saint-bruno.html
Latest Review: The vampires missing cape by Steve Stables
fav_author_id: 2484

Review of There’s So Much I Need to Say to You

Post by Saint Bruno »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "There’s So Much I Need to Say to You" by Sutton Tell.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Taryn, Shay, Nelson, and Parker are members of a band called Pause For Effect. Three years ago, while they were still in college, they won the Battle of the Bands competition. And they have now been offered a record deal with Four Chords Music. Taryn, whose late father had also enjoyed fame with his band, is happy with Pause For Effect's rise to stardom and her relationship with Shay, whom she was dating.

However, things go south, and Taryn is on the verge of losing everything. She didn't expect one of her band members to betray the rest of the group by going solo and crashing everything they had worked hard to build. More so, her relationship with Shay is on the brink of collapsing. Moving on isn't also an easy feat, as the events and people around her won't let her do so. What does the future hold for Taryn? And is it possible for things to return to the way they used to be? Read There's So Much I Need to Say to You by Sutton Tell to find out.

Ms. Tell weaves an intriguing story of love, family drama, betrayal, loss, and reconciliation using music as the common thread. I love music and have long been fascinated by the life of stars and the business of music promotion, so I thoroughly enjoyed this title. Using the first-person point of view (Taryn's perspective), the author delivers relatable narrations that are easy to imagine while appreciating Taryn's inner battles.

What I enjoyed most about this book was its characterization. The characters in this book are unique and lifelike. I liked how easy it was to feel their emotions and empathize with them. Taryn is a talented girl who matures as the story progresses and is not afraid to speak her mind. On the other hand, Parker is a carefree guy who excellently portrays how most talented superstars behave. I like the relationship between Taryn and her sister, Gwen. There is never a dull moment between the sisters, and the love between them is admirable. I must also commend the author for the characters' dialogues, as they are believable and natural, and I especially enjoyed the hilarious and witty conversations between some of the characters.

Furthermore, I appreciate some of the underlying lessons in the narrations. For example, the importance of seeking professional help for an addiction is subtly related to the reader by the author. My only qualm with this book is that the story took some time to get up to my preferred pace. But it progressively became more intriguing once it picked up, and I soon forgot that grudge. The editing is commendable, as I found only two errors throughout my read.

In conclusion, I am glad to rate this novel four out of four stars. This intriguing story is beautifully narrated and has well-developed characters, natural but exciting dialogues, a fascinating plot, and a satisfying end. The author's writing style is also charming, and it's easy to form mental pictures of her descriptions. Hence, I highly recommend this book to adults who love coming-of-age novels with themes of love, relationships, loss, music, and redemption, especially those who would enjoy a story with a lesbian protagonist and wouldn't mind finding profanities in such.

There’s So Much I Need to Say to You
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
marta baglioni
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 41
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-marta-baglioni.html
Latest Review: Shatter Girl by Shay Miranda

Post by marta baglioni »

I read this book just a couple of weeks ago! I really liked it: it is perfect to get out of reading slumps.
Thank you for the review!
Amanda I
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 19
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amanda-i.html
Latest Review: Brand Real by Vasken Kalayjian

Post by Amanda I »

Interesting review. This book certainly has some positive attributes. I would love to read it.
Nonso Ok
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonso-ok.html
Latest Review: A Murder in Brownsville by Donald Steven Collins

Post by Nonso Ok »

I enjoy coming of age books. Definitely going to be worth the read. Thank you for this amazing review.
Ellylion
Favorite Book: The Altitude Journals
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 136
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellylion.html
Latest Review: The Islands Tell Of It by Patty Fischer

Post by Ellylion »

Sounds like a must-read book :) I love great characters and captivating writing style. Thank you very much for this wonderful review!
Shivali Y
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 51
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shivali-y.html
Latest Review: Sound of Redemption by William John Rostron

Post by Shivali Y »

You had me at characterization - I'm always up for a good book with strong characters! I'll have to check this out, thanks for a great review.
markodim721
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 482
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-markodim721.html
Latest Review: The Solution is Political Revolution by Jillion R Rising

Post by markodim721 »

I think the plot is well thought out. Top characters contribute significantly to the quality of the book.
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

This is an interesting story as Tryne was famous with the music band but later was betrayed by one of her crew members. Who could that be? I will need to find out
collinsogw555
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-collinsogw555.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by collinsogw555 »

This is an interesting story as Tryne was famous with the music band but later was betrayed by one of her crew members. Who could that be? I will need to find out. Thank you for your review.
Rayah Raouf
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-rayah-raouf.html
Latest Review: The Heart of the World by Michael Tillotson

Post by Rayah Raouf »

This seems like a lovely read. I have not read many coming-of-age books honestly, but this seems like a good book. Thank you for the lovely review.
Memories are dangerous things. You turn them over and over, until you know every touch and corner, but still you'll find an edge to cut you.― Mark Lawrence, Prince of Thorns
Yulisa Sanchez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 406
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yulisa-sanchez.html
Latest Review: In It Together by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes

Post by Yulisa Sanchez »

I like how the lessons of the story are well thought out and the characters seem relatable and believable. I feel like all the main elements to a good story are present in this book especially by using music as the theme throughout the book. Thanks for the great review!
peter-turo
Favorite Book: Rescuing General Patton
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peter-turo.html
Latest Review: Building A Coaching Culture by Andreas Von Der Heydt

Post by peter-turo »

Honestly the characters are well developed. I already like Taryn especially because she speaks her mind courageously; though now she's faced with tough challenges, I'm curious to find how things turn out dor her. Your review was enjoyable, thanks.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”