Review of The Legacy Tree

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Review of The Legacy Tree

Post by Ekezie1998 »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Legacy Tree" by Herman Jasper.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Racism is a disease that has not been eliminated in today's society. It has affected people's mindsets in many unpleasant ways. Kenny is a promising young man, doing well in school with a proper girlfriend. Despite this, he always seems to get into trouble because of the company he keeps. Kenny must decide what kind of life he wants to lead in a world that seems set on holding him back at every step of the way. His mother adopts a different measure to keep her child safe.

She takes Kenny to live with her family members in Georgia, who urge him to turn away from dealing drugs and to pursue higher education, using the family's history as a background. Kenny must decide what it means to be a young Black man in America and determine what kind of life he wants to lead. While his friends and family try to help make up his mind, ultimately, it is up to him to choose his future.

The Legacy Tree by Herman Jasper is a message that calls for better treatment of colored individuals, who, on the other hand, need to learn how to make better decisions. This book had several positive aspects. There were only a few errors in this book, which is proof that a lot of effort was put into editing this work, and it was professionally edited. The characters are dynamic and believable. I admire that the writer highlights the struggles and concerns of an average black person.

The tone of this book is firm, supporting a stand against oppression. This is encouraging to almost any reader who delves into this book. The book highlights the irreplaceable bond between families, a very reliable source of support. We can be confident that they will be there for us even during our trying times. This book is brief, straight to the point, and can be read in one sitting. Also, the language and diction employed are not complex and are easy to understand. All these serve to highlight the positive aspects of this book.

I did not find even a single negative aspect in this book. It exceeded my expectations and left me wanting more. The lack of any significant mistake made the reading of this book a captivating experience. As a result of the reasons stated, I rate this book four out of four stars. This is also because the book was easy to understand, and I feel any potential reader would agree with this decision. I recommend this book to lovers of thrillers and any person experiencing self-doubt or racial discrimination.

The Legacy Tree
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Kennedy NC
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 128
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kennedy-nc.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Kennedy NC »

Indeed, racism is a disease that we all still need to tackle in today's society. Great review.
Kingsley Emodi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kingsley-emodi.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Kingsley Emodi »

People experiencing racial discrimination will most definitely find some help on how to deal with such demeaning treatment from this book. Great review.
Sia P
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sia-p.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sia P »

Every time I read something about racism, my heart breaks. I can already tell it's going to be a fantastic story to read and explore. Going to add it to my shelf right away~ Thanks for an amazing review!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”