Review of Invisibile Tears the novel

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of Invisibile Tears the novel

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Invisibile Tears the novel" by Rian Graham.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Since she was a child, Faith’s only aim was to be super-rich. When her parents separate, they have to go live with their mum. They rent an apartment much smaller than their former mansion. Fast forward, Faith is a teenager, and she wants to pursue her dreams. However, with her dad in jail and her relationship with her mum severed, she has to toil hard. After a few low-income jobs, she works at a club in Detroit as a waitress and soon to the front. Her beauty makes her tips enormous. Faith encounters a loving guy, Q, who seems to be all she wants in a man. However, she realizes her passion is to be a famous actor on television. Therefore, to accomplish her dreams, she has to move to Atlanta.

I loved Faith’s tenacity. No man would come between her and her dreams. Though she had a longing for love, her goals came fast. She also understands that street life is not for the faint-hearted, so she uses her beauty to her advantage. You wouldn’t blame a girl for surviving, would you?

I enjoyed how Q came through for Faith when she needed it the most. She called her mum, who refused to come through for her. Surprisingly, though Q is in a state of recovery and clutches, he went his way to save Faith. There are quotations in between chapters that I enjoyed reading. Some were quite uplifting.

I did not appreciate how fast the protagonist transits towards the end of the book. One minute she’s in New York with a caring and wealthy sports guy, and then she is entirely something else (to avoid including spoilers) within a snap of a finger. I mean, I wanted to see Faith’s slow transitions to the point of facing her fears.

Additionally, Faith’s therapy sessions were not well executed. I felt as though they were rushed so fast that I did not see the baby steps of healing that a therapy session entails. Also, there are a few loose ends. I would have loved it if the author had informed us more about Faith’s family: her dad, sisters, and how her mum coped with raising kids by herself after her marriage failed. Should the book have been improved on these areas, it’d have been flawless. Therefore, I rate it 3 out of 4 stars.

There were no grammatical errors; as a result, Invisible Tears the novel by Rian Graham is professionally edited. There are ladies out there who work tirelessly to achieve their ambitions. I recommend them this installment.

Invisibile Tears the novel
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Tarie07
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 44
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-tarie07.html
Latest Review: Korian: Ark of the Fallen King by Giorgio Garofalo

Post by Tarie07 »

Separation, though inevitable at times, can mess up the children's life. Faith's character must be one of a resilient woman. I would love to see how she manages to reach her goals against all odds. Thanks for the informative review.
Nomcebo_0619
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 14
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nomcebo-0619.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Nomcebo_0619 »

Reading about strong woman who are too focused, and not easily distracted is a breath of fresh air. What a great review.
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

Quite an intriguing plot we have here. Would definitely love to have this book on my shelf. Great review here.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”