Review of The Great Cyprus Think Tank

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Review of The Great Cyprus Think Tank

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Great Cyprus Think Tank" by Larry Lockridge.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Any great philosopher would want his name to be part of the great minds. This can only be achieved with great determination and consistency. They will have to decipher a solution to a problem no man has been able to solve.

The Great Cyprus Think Tank by Larry Lockridge is an adventurous journey of the "Think Tank fellows" to rebuild Cypriot. Four individuals came together and embarked on a journey to make Cyprus a better place. In their journey, more people joined them, as love and friendship became part of this adventure. They would get "Rimbaud’s Notebook," which guides the group to continue their Cypriots adventure.

I love how the author started the book. The storyline was perfect. The journey was an enjoyable experience. One would desire to be part of them. In the book, they started their journey with an aircraft, which gave them the ability to have a perfect view of different villages and places. The author made me feel I was in the aircraft with the "Think Tank fellows." They enjoyed every part of the journey. Pairing themselves into groups also made the journey quite enjoyable.

The author was very good at putting fascinating events that were beautifully captured in the book. For instance, the book discussed their journey to see how the female "loggerhead sea turtles" lay their eggs and hide them under the soil. This was one of my favorite parts because I learned something new. Also, Darcy confessing he would love to be a turtle for some minutes was admirably laughable. Most comic-relief readers would enjoy these parts.

One character I admire so much in the novel is Melusina. Her clairvoyant attitude helped the Think Tank in their rescue mission. Her mysterious and friendly nature made this book relatively enjoyable to read. On her first day of arrival, she showed an attitude that portrayed her as a lady who has the flair to enjoy life. Her style of dressing speaks so much about her. Overall, all the characters in the novel played their role perfectly well.

The book's conclusion leaves one hopeful for another series, and I appreciate that. After considering the whole book, there was nothing that I disliked about the book. This book seems to be well-edited, as I found only a few errors. Hence, I will rate The Great Cyprus Think Tank by Larry Lockridge 4 out of 4 stars. I will recommend this book to lovers of adventurous books.

The Great Cyprus Think Tank
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
T T 2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 73
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-t-t-2.html
Latest Review: Three loves and other stories by Lata Gullapalli

Post by T T 2 »

The review gives you a clear picture of what to expect from the book and the plot. A story about think tanks and Cypriot is something new. Thank you for a precise and well-written review
Ekezie1998
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 91
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ekezie1998.html
Latest Review: life lessons of wayne by shawn wayne swearingen

Post by Ekezie1998 »

This seems like quite an intriguing plot. Would definitely love to have this book on my shelf. Great review.
kirthana_shivakumar
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kirthana-shivakumar.html
Latest Review: Depiction of women characters as Victims of Oppresion and Agents of action in selected short stories by Rushika Gill

Post by kirthana_shivakumar »

This looks very interesting. It's also one of my favourite genres so I'll definitely give it a try. Thanks for the review!

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”