Review of CAT 154

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Review of CAT 154

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "CAT 154" by Ken Brownlee.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

CAT 154 by Ken Brownlee tells of the various CATs (catastrophic disasters) that kept on increasing and were recorded by the "Underwriters Catastrophe Registration Bureau." Each CAT was given a number, and an alert was sent to the insurance and reinsurance industry of the particular areas about the latest development. Their sources of updates and constant reports about the increase in the catastrophe were from CNN and NOAA. Bill, Jack, Kaitlyn, and others monitor catastrophic losses anywhere in the US that may have insurance coverage. In the course of Whitacre Bill's intention to stop the pollution being caused by oil and gas, an interview of him by Sara Clements got into the New York Times. This would threaten his life, as big investors in oil and gas became discouraged.

I love Bill's enthusiasm for knowledge and his ability to tell what he knows without any feelings of remorse or pride. He has such a humble personality, and he's knowledgeable. Considering how nice he was to Kaitlyn on her first day of work, one would think that these two people have been working together for a very long time. On the other hand, Kaitlyn was a free person who was ready to work as a reporter since this had been her dream job. She had a determined heart to put in her energy and focus to work. I believe the kind of relationship Bill and his colleagues shared should be applied in any bureau for more effective and efficient work.

Also, I love that readers can see the concern of the insurance and reinsurance company executives towards the climate change situation and lower coverage on the property. They had the desire to approach and solve the related problems. This aspect could be a reference to solving most of our country's challenges towards insurance problems.

This book also enlightened me on the various catastrophes that are affecting most places in the world. Many kinds of weather and climate problems occur, which some parts of the world are most lucky never to experience. CAT 154 by Ken Brownlee gave me an insight into the roles of insurance companies to humans.

One part I enjoyed most in this book was when Sara Clements interviewed Bill. There was a striking statement about the media playing a role in saving the world from itself. This is relatively true, as generally, all information is passed through the media. But for there to be change, the government has a role to play.

One displeasing part about this book is the use of unfamiliar words. One would require at least a little knowledge in insurance and science, especially the name of some gases used in the book. Apart from this, this book was very interesting to read.

I would gladly rate CAT 154 by Ken Brownlee 4 out of 4 stars. I find this book worthy of this rating because of its analyzed system of arrangement, especially the updates of the reports of CNN and how the author sequentially arranged the report alongside the storyline. This book was also well presented and edited. I only found an error while reading. But this did not disrupt my flow of reading.

I will recommend this book firstly to insurance and reinsurance companies. I would also love to recommend this book to weather reporters of catastrophes. Jack and his colleagues did their work excellently. This book will be helpful to various administrative departments in any bureau, as it passes a message about efficiency.

CAT 154
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Review Writer
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideonwrites-review.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Review Writer »

Wow! I love the excellent breakdown of this review. I would love to read this book, as I am much interested in its theme—talking of the various disasters around the world. And as I'm a geography student, i hope it will add to my knowledge of the science behind various disasters and solution to them.
Signature of Grace.
kittykat6132
Currently Reading: TBD August 2022 Book of the Month
Bookshelf Size: 37
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kittykat6132.html
Latest Review: The Senator's Suitcase by Mitch Engel

Post by kittykat6132 »

The effects of climate change are catastrophic and such discussions often appear mundane and insignificant to a lot of people. This book would be eye-opening to such individuals.
Alexander C Schmoock
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-alexander-c-schmoock.html
Latest Review: Survived, evolved against all the odds by Ruth Mantile

Post by Alexander C Schmoock »

A book about catasrophic events will be a mind boggling read to a lot of readers. However, weather reporters of catastrophy will learn a thing or two from it.
Immaculate06
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-immaculate06.html
Latest Review: ByTheWay by Dennis Santos

Post by Immaculate06 »

Bill's enthusiasm for knowledge is entirely amazing. I would love to read this book. Thanks for your review.
Nwadinso Okoro
Currently Reading: Killing Abel
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwadinso-okoro.html
Latest Review: The Toki-Girl and the Sparrow-Boy (series) by Claire Youmans

Post by Nwadinso Okoro »

The book is wonderful piece of work that is quite intriguing. I would love to read the book so as to know how Bill ended. Thanks for your review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”