Review of Northern Umbrage

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Catalina Isabel
Previous Member of the Month
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-catalina-isabel.html
Latest Review: Phobia Relief by Kalliope Barlis

Re: Review of Northern Umbrage

Post by Catalina Isabel »

This novel seems like an interesting mix of suspense and environmental topics. I am glad to hear the characters are well developed. Thanks for a great review and congrats to the author on BOTD! 😊
Amy_Jackson
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The In-Between
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-jackson.html
Latest Review: A Voice from Heaven by Alexander V Girman & Cynthia J Girman

Post by Amy_Jackson »

Thank you for the review. It sounds very much like the kind of book I'd love to read - sci-fi, environmental issues, detective. With an added great plot.
Dado998
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Dado998 »

This book seems very interesting. Combining mystery with environmental issues is completely fresh and good characters are a cherry on top. Thanks for the great review!
Victoria Zoe
Currently Reading: The Divine Memoir
Bookshelf Size: 148
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-victoria-zoe.html
Latest Review: The In-Between by Christian Espinosa

Post by Victoria Zoe »

Pollution in our environment is a serious issue that should'nt be taken as a trivial matter. This book covers how Dr. John Bucannon an Environmental pathologist handles the case where fishes were found dead in their habitat. This should be an interesting read. Congrats on the botd and a satisfactory review.
Eva Nyaburi
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: In It Together
Bookshelf Size: 159
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-eva-nyaburi.html
Latest Review: Master Your Mind and Energy to Heal Your Body by Brandy Gillmore

Post by Eva Nyaburi »

I appreciate the book's emphasis on environmental awareness, shedding light on the problems of chemical pollutants and their significant impact on life. It serves as a wakeup call for individuals to prioritize environmental care.
Effie Cherotich
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 120
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-effie-cherotich.html
Latest Review: Beating Death (resubmission) by Sean O’Banion

Post by Effie Cherotich »

This book follows Buc as he investigates a wolf-like creature, the Beast, that has been found responsible for the death of so many fish.
Chad Anthony
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 66
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chad-anthony.html
Latest Review: Delightful Hands by Andrew Pace

Post by Chad Anthony »

The author's commitment to chronological order and commenting on each biblical truth is commendable. The mention of a "seed for thought" paragraph sparks curiosity – I'm intrigued by the idea of practical application of biblical truths. It appears the book not only informs but encourages reflection and personal growth.
Arddita

Post by Arddita »

"Northern Umbrage" is a novel that intriguingly combines science fiction, adventure, mystery, and environmental awareness. The story revolves around an environmental pathologist, Dr. Buc Bucannon, who investigates a mysterious beast terrorizing a small town in Wisconsin. This investigation leads to a broader exploration of environmental pollution and its impacts. The novel is praised for its engaging plot and suspense that grips readers till the end, addressing the timely and critical issue of environmental damage. The blend of environmental themes with elements of mystery and sci-fi appears to make this book a compelling read, especially for those interested in environmental issues and thrilling narratives.
Leen282
Currently Reading: Live Your Life of Abundance
Bookshelf Size: 135
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-leen282.html
Latest Review: Beautifully Scarred by Cewanda Todd

Post by Leen282 »

The environmental aspect immediately grabbed my attention. I am not sure if I'd like the sci-fi element, but for sure the mystery thriller storyline.
Gee-Q Mdluli
Currently Reading: Adventures of Uncle Billy and Ross
Bookshelf Size: 47
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gee-q-mdluli.html
Latest Review: 30th Century: Escape (General Audience Edition) by Mark Kingston Levin PhD

Post by Gee-Q Mdluli »

I commend the author's powerful reminder of the urgency to address environmental issues before they escalate any further. Thank you for sharing such an insightful and detailed review! It truly paints a compelling picture of what seems like a captivating and socially relevant read.
RomanceBound T
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 22
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-romancebound-t.html
Latest Review: Holy Terror by John R. Dougherty

Post by RomanceBound T »

The sci-fi genre is one of my most fav and this book has it with adventure, mystery, and also focuses on environmental awareness. Such a well-rounded book. Loved your review.
Rahul_1995
Currently Reading:

Post by Rahul_1995 »

Thank you for the approval.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”