Review of What Is Wrong With Me?

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Menace Crypto
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 89
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nonny2208.html
Latest Review: Pandemic (The U.S. Pandemic in India) by Dieter Gartelmann

Review of What Is Wrong With Me?

Post by Menace Crypto »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "What Is Wrong With Me?" by Kristin Hammoud.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Childhood is a very important stage in one's life. It sets the foundation for the future of a person and shapes his/her personality. Most people tend to believe that children are oblivious to the situation of their surroundings, but they're very wrong about this. What Is Wrong With Me? by Kristin Hammoud tells the story of how Anna's childhood upbringing and experiences played a role in her future.

Anna was born to Kathy and Dan Ward. She is the eldest of two children with her brother Luke, just three years younger than her. Anna grew up constantly trying to get her father's approval and acknowledgement, but never did. Her parents' relationship was not great. She couldn't understand why her mother tolerated her father or why her father treated her mom and the rest of the family the way he did. Anna eventually goes to college and gets into a relationship with Jeff. Her first relationship ends and she starts another relationship with Dave. Dave is in most ways like her father, but she can't just picture herself apart from him. Anna finds out things about her family she never knew, and also discovers that Dave's family may also have skeletons in their closets. Could this be history repeating itself in another generation? Grab a copy of this book to find out now.

I found this book very helpful and so will many others. Sometimes, we get caught up in the past that we fail to see that we are just repeating the same cycle. Sometimes, we realize and try to correct our mistakes. Some are lucky and get to create a new path for themselves, while some just accept defeat and turn to alcohol and medication to help mask the pain and cope with depression. I love how this book addresses important themes like abuse, depression, submissiveness, and much more. People in society today hide behind fake smiles and social media happiness. Meanwhile, in reality they're going through a lot. Most times, we do not choose the way our past plays out, but we sure do have a choice to determine how we go about with our future. This book uses Kathy and Anna to explain this. Kathy was a victim of her own past and allowed it to shape her future. Anna seems to be making the same mistake, but now several factors can help her create a new path, but only if she acknowledges the warning signs and makes a conscious decision not to make the same mistakes her mother made.

There was absolutely nothing I disliked about this book. It was very enlightening, and I enjoyed reading every second of it. At first, I was angry with how Anna handled the situations with Dave. It was when I stopped looking at the situation from my own perspective and placed myself in her shoes that I began to understand every choice and decision she made. This story also helps people deal with addiction and depression. From the story, you'll be able to discern the pros and cons of taking drugs and alcohol. And, I bet you'd realize that there really are no pros to using them. The book had major and minor characters that were well-developed. My favorite character in the book is Jeff. I admire his charm and selflessness.

The book was exceptionally and professionally edited. I didn't find any errors while reading it. The book also had the elements of surprise and suspense. The author's writing style is engaging. I'm therefore rating this book 4 out of 4 stars. I recommend this book to people who have been through a traumatic past, and those battling with depression and addiction.

What Is Wrong With Me?
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Mary Lou Mills
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: The Buffalo Soldier
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-lou-mills.html
Latest Review: Permaculture for the Absolute Beginner by Dawn Raynes
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by Mary Lou Mills »

Thank you for your review. I'm interested in knowing how Kathy rises above her past to create a new future.
Purplesturv
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-purplesturv.html
Latest Review: Fear Not, Dream Big, & Execute by Jeff Meyer

Post by Purplesturv »

Your review is astonishing. It's rather unfortunate that Anna is threading her mother's path. Im glad that this book can teach people to be more intentional about not being what they dislike in their parents. The lessons are vital.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Post by José Cortez »

May we not be caught up in the past and not see the present. This is an amazing review.
Edem Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edem-michael.html
Latest Review: Loria by Gunnar Hedman

Post by Edem Michael »

The stage of childhood helps to shape the perspective of the mind. Anna is an interesting character, and I would love to know how the relationship with her environment ended. Good review.
Latest Review: Loria by Gunnar Hedman

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”