Review of Tawi: The Secret of Three Generations

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Chinaza Nnabuenyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 117
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinaza-nnabuenyi.html
Latest Review: Donny and Mary Grace's California Adventures by Catherine A. Pepe

Review of Tawi: The Secret of Three Generations

Post by Chinaza Nnabuenyi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tawi: The Secret of Three Generations" by Teresa Ghiglino.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Tawi: The Secret of Three Generations was written by Teresa Ghiglino. The book was about a girl, Tawi, and the history of the generations before her, which were explained in detail. This riveting book is fiction with a bit of family drama to captivate the reader till the end.

This story was about Tawi and how she came into the world. Her mother, Zulema, went through a lot during her pregnancy. She even had to go against the law as a Catholic by drinking the potion made by a shaman so that she would not die along with her baby. After a smooth delivery, her parents were saddened to hear that it wasn't a boy but another girl. They still chose her as their daughter, their sixth daughter. She was named Tawi, and she grew up to be a beautiful yet weird daughter to her family. Her little nanny, Lawra, knew that women who drank the portion tended to give birth to children differently from others. But will Tawi become a different person? Would she be the one to start a new generation? Reading this book would provide requisite answers for all readers.

This book is very interesting. It talked a lot about tradition and religion that all should abide by—failure to live by the law brought about punishment. When the Catholic missionaries arrived at Andean, they were forced to follow their religious practice. Even their shaman had to destroy their deities. The book also explains the role of women in society and how society views them.

What I love about this book is that it elucidates its words accurately. The characterization was not confusing and complex. For example, Don Severino is the father of Severino, his son. The author ensured that the father's name was represented as Severino I and his son, Severino II, to make it distinguishable. This aspect may confuse readers, but the author made it clear. All other characters followed their roles down to the end of this fascinating book.

Additionally, the book is appealing to all readers. Its plot, characters, and settings all stood out, thereby revealing the standard of a professional writer. Based on my reading experience and the absence of errors, I would gladly award this book 4 out of 4 stars. It was exceptionally well edited.

I recommend this book to anyone captivated by historical and family drama stories. Some of the book's content may seem quite abstract to younger readers.

Tawi: The Secret of Three Generations
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I'm curious to know how Tawi eventually turned out. Thank you for the review
Apple 7
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 30
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-apple-7.html
Latest Review: The MECE Muse by Christie Lindor

Post by Apple 7 »

The birth of a child with fascinating circumstances can't be predicted...the only way to find out is to read the book....very nice review....
Ho Luong van
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Ho Luong van »

story of a girl. I'm very curious about the end result.
José Cortez
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 124
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jos-cortez.html
Latest Review: Beyond the Golden Door (Audiobook Version) by Ali Master

Post by José Cortez »

Family drama stories are the best. Wonder what happened to Tawi.
Edem Michael
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 16
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edem-michael.html
Latest Review: Loria by Gunnar Hedman

Post by Edem Michael »

The book seems to be quite interesting. Tawi is a wonderful character, and she has a long history. The book gives details on her ordeals and life experience. Thanks for your review.
Latest Review: Loria by Gunnar Hedman
Ghuddie
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ghuddie.html
Latest Review: Better Angels Lesley Gore Dusty Springfield by Linden Lelievre

Post by Ghuddie »

Family drama stories are always interesting to read. I'll check this out. Great review.
Asiaa Szn
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 42
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-asiaa-szn.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Asiaa Szn »

I'm really curious to know the outcome of Tawi and her experiences. Nice review
Avishi
Currently Reading: all body bags and no knickers
Bookshelf Size: 109
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-avishi.html
Latest Review: The DrugTech Trilogy by Marcel Victor Sahade
Reading Device: Pdf

Post by Avishi »

A story along with family emotions, culture background and life experiences. Thank you for the review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”