Review of Almost the fastest gun

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Oyedeji Okikioluwa
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 964
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-orizon.html
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi

Review of Almost the fastest gun

Post by Oyedeji Okikioluwa »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Almost the fastest gun" by Paul L Thompson.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Almost The Fastest Gun by Paul L. Thompson tells the story of a young man who feels and sees himself as the fastest at drawing pistols. The book contained themes of bravery, leadership, and skills and talked about proving oneself and one's potential.

Donnie Mattis was expelled from school for excessive bullying. While assisting his father in his duties, he trained himself to draw pistols. Donnie thought of himself as the fastest, but his father would always warn him against this notion. Meanwhile, a scout and his partner gained popularity for catching bad guys in another part of the city. They were Buck and Paul. People that dared them ended up dead or locked up. The Sheriff even gave them more hands and rewards. Buck and Paul decide to settle down, and they buy a house from Seller with money gotten from hunting bounties. This house happens to be the same house desired by Freeman, a friend of Donnie. Donnie takes this up and decides to prove himself the fastest. How does this end? Get this book to read up on the story.

The book had an excellent storyline, and it was written with top-notch skills. The author employed suspense, as readers became eager to know what happened to Donnie after being introduced. The characters were given unique roles, which they played perfectly. It followed a sequential plot that was epic and easy to understand.

The characters evoked mixed feelings from readers. It was a feeling of pity, disgust, and happiness for Donnie. Donnie was a dynamic character who was, at first, a proud, obnoxious, spoiled brat who loved bullying other people, even defenseless animals. But then, he grew up, and an event that took place afterward changed him. Buck was very admirable. His charisma, leadership, and gallantry were lovable.

I would give this book a rating of three out of four stars. It is primarily due to the number of errors I encountered while reading. The book was practically error-filled, and it was as if it had not been edited at all. Also, the vocabulary used worsened the situation and made some parts seem like a mistake. The errors and the use of old American English hampered my reading process, even though it had a great storyline.

The book was a bit sarcastic and hilarious. It was also filled with so much action, given the settings. The book was also educative, as I learned how powerful apple cider vinegar is.

I recommend this book to lovers of action stories. It would also appeal to lovers of didactic novels, as it teaches moral lessons.

Almost the fastest gun
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Latest Review: Proverbs 4:7 by Gaidi
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I guess he's almost the fastest. Nice plot. Great review, thank you.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

Donnie sees himself as the best and it’s good to have a healthy self-image. It’s best to remember, however, that there is always someone better! Thanks for the review.
Chinenye Achilike
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 35
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinenye-achilike.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger
Reading Device: B00GDQDRPK
2024 Reading Goal: 10
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Chinenye Achilike »

Donnie needs to take note that no matter how good you maybe at something, there's always someone out there that is better.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”