Review of Tall Tales Told By A Short Man

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
LinaMueller
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 261
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-linamueller.html
Latest Review: The Wingless Fairy by Kye Strothers

Review of Tall Tales Told By A Short Man

Post by LinaMueller »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Tall Tales Told By A Short Man" by Michael Hunt.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Who doesn't like to laugh? The appeal of laughter is so great that many superhero movies focus more on witty dialogue than special effects and plot. Tall Tales Told By A Short Man by Michael Hunt is one of the funniest books of recent times. This book is so chaotic that it is difficult to put it in any category. In the beginning, the author says that the book is fiction, but the events regarding his life actually happened. In this way, the book is a mix of fiction and autobiography.

The themes are so diverse that the reader sometimes feels that he is listening to a drunk speaking in a bar. Among the topics, one can mention the human needs in the modern world, how Hollywood destroyed the lives of people who actually are called Freddy Krueger, veganism, addictions, fraud, deaths of American historical figures, and behavioral analysis of Canadians.

Tall Tales Told By A Short Man is a book that (most readers will agree) has as its paramount quality an acid and unorthodox humor. The author is hilarious, whether joking about his name (and how his friends would laugh when Mike Hunt's name was announced to the public) or discussing more significant issues like pesky people trying to sell silver financial products. Michael successfully mixed different themes that make the reader deal critically with some day-to-day events or have fun. That's what I liked the most about the book.

Unbelievably, it was an arduous task to find the grammatical errors. Michael makes a lot of puns, wordplay and there's even a chapter where he is drunk and decides to turn the grammar checker off. Some examples of chapter titles are: "Investment Add-Vice," "Marketing Genius…Maybe Naught," and "Job Inner-views." Ignoring these issues, the attentive reader can tell that the book is professionally edited. I only found two grammatical errors. I had to read the same sentence several times to make sure he didn't misspell it on purpose, though. Other than that, I can't think of anything negative to mention.

All things considered, I rate Tall Tales Told By A Short Man four out of four stars. The book is addictive, hilarious, and a real page-turner. Michael successfully created an amusing work and used humor to discuss serious topics (and others not so much). I recommend this book to those who like funny books. The reader will not find the discussion of philosophical and profound themes here but rather a humorous look at everyday issues that you may never have thought of. There are many profane words and jokes about some topics dear to young people in big cities (like veganism, for example). For this reason, I believe some left-leaning individuals may not like this work very much.

Tall Tales Told By A Short Man
View: on Bookshelves
Heart! We will forget him!
You an I, tonight!
You may forget the warmth he gave,
I will forget the light.

When you have done, pray tell me
That I my thoughts may dim;
Haste! lest while you're lagging.
I may remember him!

Emily Dickinson
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

A combination of different elements into a great piece. Should be worth reading. Thank you for the review.
ChampagneSon
Currently Reading: Why Can't Johnny Just Quit?
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-champagneson.html
Latest Review: The Maestro Monologue by Rob White

Post by ChampagneSon »

Sounds interesting, a novel with a dash of humour is never a bad read. Great review
Nan_Syl
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 12
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nan-syl.html
Latest Review: Mixed Blessings by J.M. Muse

Post by Nan_Syl »

Those catchy chapter names are already inviting to me, thanks for the review.
Amiczy Heaven
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 93
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amiczy-heaven.html
Latest Review: Living the Beatitudes by Gary L. Engstrom

Post by Amiczy Heaven »

I love myself a chaotic funny story! I hope I get to laugh for a long time after reading it. Thanks for an insightful review.
Nimra Shabbir 2
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Nimra Shabbir 2 »

Sounds interesting, a novel with a dash of humour is never a bad read
Akangbe Opeyemi
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Qualify
Currently Reading: Farmer Beau's Farm
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akangbe-opeyemi.html
Latest Review: Entanglement - Quantum and Otherwise by John K Danenbarger

Post by Akangbe Opeyemi »

The title of this book "tall tales of a short man" is hilarious and it ended up drawing me to read the review of the book. Who doesn't like a good laugh? I'm so interested to read this book. Great review
Mary Lou Mills
In It Together VIP
Favorite Book: Kalayla
Currently Reading: The Buffalo Soldier
Bookshelf Size: 78
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mary-lou-mills.html
Latest Review: Permaculture for the Absolute Beginner by Dawn Raynes
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 8%

Post by Mary Lou Mills »

This book sounds very entertaining, especially if you 'can take it.'
Walter R
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 43
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-walter-r.html
Latest Review: Cynthia and Dan by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Walter R »

A book to give me a good laugh will definitely be most welcome. Great review written.
Raymonda onwuka
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-raymonda-onwuka.html
Latest Review: We are Voulhire: A New Arrival under Great Skies by Matthew Tysz

Post by Raymonda onwuka »

The title alone sounds hilarious, I am glad to know that the story itself is as expected. I love stories like this. Thanks for the amazing review.
Abdulkarim1
Bookshelf Size: 0

Post by Abdulkarim1 »

Sounds like a good read. The way you wholeheartedly and freely express your view of the book is quite engaging and inviting. I already feel interested in reading the book. Who wouldn't want to have a good share of laughter these days? Thumbs up
Mbenma Esther 080
Currently Reading: My Enemy in Vietnam
Bookshelf Size: 28
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-mbenma-esther-080.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Mbenma Esther 080 »

This is an amazing read. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”