Review of Bedlamites

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Peace Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 140
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-peace-odii.html
Latest Review: Justin's Quest by Winsome Board

Review of Bedlamites

Post by Peace Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Bedlamites" by Stanley Michelsen.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

After Sidney Krogh spoke with the president early in the morning about his dream, he is now on a flight to Orlando, Florida, to see an FBI agent and to grieve with John Musselman's family. Brad Tucker, who has been undercover with ATF, disguised as Goofy, had tempered with the security of the hotel that Sidney lodged in. He aimed to leak the secret or rather the plans of Russians. Commander Dimitri Smirnov is coming on a ship with Soviet weapons and a deadly virus that had killed most of its Wagner Group members. Sidney believes the Wagner Group is on payback time to Sidney due to a past incident that led to the killing of its Russian soldiers. Khogh Sidney will work with Chucci, "head of security at the Port of New Orleans," and Jennings Sanders, a special agent, to stop the Russians from actualizing their agenda. Also, Mr. Brown Ross and Natasha would play a significant role in monitoring the increase in Russian cyber-attacks. Discover in this fiction book if the Russians intend to kill Sidney, or they had a bigger plan than killing just one man.

This work of fiction depicts reality. From the preface, one could tell that the book would be an exceptional one. It was quite lovely, and the writer was competent to begin some chapters with such amazing and educating articulated write-ups. On page 132, I particularly liked the quote from George S. Patton: "The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." Somehow, the book attempted to give a new perspective on military life. Also, it was intriguing that everything happened within seven days. This is the astounding nature of this book.

I admire the author's technique used in writing this book. I love how he specifies the time some events took place and the time zone. This makes the book more realistic. Bedlamites by Stanley K. Michelsen, Jr. has a lot of interesting elements that separate it from mere fiction.

His book is simply one of the best I've read so far. I admired the character of the United States president. Her ambition to get things done rightly was amazing. I felt choosing Mr. Ross Brown for Cyber Security Czar was an intelligent and cautious decision considering Ross's role in the plot.

Most terms used in the book were mostly military terms. One needs to be conversant with this variety of weapons used in the book. "Biosafety level (BSL)" weren't familiar terms to me. Besides, this book will be understood by readers familiar with military terms. It wasn't much of a challenge for me. The context in which they were used helped to drive the plot forward. I didn't find any negative aspects in this book.

This book seems professionally edited since I found a few errors while reading. Hence, I would gladly rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It has all the content that makes it worth my rating. The alignment and style of writing were exceptional. I believe adults will find this book worth their time, especially those in the military force.

Bedlamites
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I understand from what I read yesterday that this is the second book in a series. That alone keeps me from wanting to start it. I am interested, however, in Sidney’s apparent ability to see what is happening.
maycherono91
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-maycherono91.html
Latest Review: Terms of Service by Craig W. Stanfill

Post by maycherono91 »

Wow, such an amazing review. I now want to get my hands on that book. I got goosebumps just reading your review, what about when I read the book itself?
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

I believe that every soldier going to war in one way or another has this quote in mind." The object of war is not to die for your country but to make the other bastard die for his." Thanks for the review.
Shadreck Rogers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadreck-rogers.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shadreck Rogers »

Sounds like a James Bond spy movie. I must read this book.
Salah bourouba
In It Together VIP
Favorite Author: Jane Austen
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 143
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-salah-bourouba.html
Latest Review: The Magician's Secret by Charles Townsend
fav_author_id: 2379

Post by Salah bourouba »

Great review. A war themed book is very interesting to read and I don't think this meant for just military or people who understands the vocab but rather anyone who enjoyed this genra
Recite in the name of your Lord who created [*] Created man from a clinging substance [*] Recite, and your Lord is the most Generous [*] Who taught by the pen [*] Taught man that which he knew not.
The Quran. Surah Al Alaq
Luchris Curtis
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-luchris-curtis.html
Latest Review: When Life Doesn't Turn Out the Way We Hoped It Would? Volume 1 by Tom Wick

Post by Luchris Curtis »

I love the storyline of this book because it seems realistic, and I love his writing style. The book revolves around crime and security. I will love to read this book. Thanks for your honest review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”