Review of About the Sky and Its Secrets

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Melisa Jane
Official Reviewer Representative
Currently Reading: The Dead Speak
Bookshelf Size: 190
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-melisa-jane.html
Latest Review: In It Together (2nd Edition Hardcover from B&N) by Eckhart Aurelius Hughes
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Review of About the Sky and Its Secrets

Post by Melisa Jane »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "About the Sky and Its Secrets" by Jillian Rose.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

When two people are in a relationship, they are supposed to have a mutual understanding. Before making any crucial decision, they should always consult each other. Since no relationship is perfect, whenever a couple has issues, they should always be ready to talk about them and figure out the solution together. Mutual love and understanding should be the core principle of every relationship. About the Sky and Its Secrets, Book 2 by Jillian Rose is a book about love and awakening.

This book is about Selena and Arun, who, although different, strive to make their relationship work under all circumstances. They decide to make their relationship open. In this arrangement, whenever one feels like making out with another person outside their relationship, they just let the other know, and it won't affect their relationship. They are different because Selena has some tightly held spiritual beliefs, while Arun is a staunch believer in science. This makes them disagree concerning some issues. Although they quarrel and disagree at times, their mutual understanding, love, and strong bond with each other make them overcome their issues.

This book contains three hundred and five pages. Some parts of the book are written from the third-person point of view. For instance, a third-party narrates the circumstances surrounding Arun and Selena's birth, how they grew up differently from other children, and how they finally met. In contrast, other parts are written from the first-person point of view, being told by Selena and Arun themselves. Both the past and the present tenses are used to narrate the story.

There are several things that I liked about the book. However, in this review, I'll only mention two things I liked the most. First, I liked how the author created suspense and used it to keep readers glued to the screen throughout. For example, I was curious to find out how Arun would react when Selena told him what had occurred between her and her ex-boyfriend, Justin. This kept me glued to the book past midnight. Second, I liked how the author used flashbacks to reveal the characters' pasts, hence helping the readers to better understand their actions based on their points of view. An excellent example of such flashbacks was when the author brought up the history of how Selena and Arun were born and how they grew up.

There is nothing I disliked about the book. The book was well-edited, as I didn't find any grammatical errors while reading. I, therefore, rate the book four out of four stars. I recommend it to anyone who loves reading fictional books on spirituality and an audience that enjoys reading romance novels.

About the Sky and Its Secrets
View: on Bookshelves
Insofar as the word 'should' even has meaning, then we must say that the past is exactly as it should be, everything that happened should have happened, and everything that should happen will happen
:techie-studyingbrown:

~ Scott Hughes
Pearl Thomas
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 32
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-pearl-thomas.html
Latest Review: There and Back There Again by Andrew Alsup

Post by Pearl Thomas »

This might be the first book that I've come across around the concept of 'open relationship'. But honestly, the title seems more intriguing than the plot of the book. Amazing review!
Aisha Yakub
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 183
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-aisha-yakub.html
Latest Review: A New War by Alexander Farah

Post by Aisha Yakub »

I agree that no relationship is perfect and couples have to work things out, but you can't work every single thing out. If partners are more different than they are similar, they should consider parting ways
Edit_or
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 25
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-edit-or.html
Latest Review: Always Strive to Be a Better You by Pete Hall

Post by Edit_or »

It’s advisable to be in a relationship with someone who has same basic beliefs as you. The review is awesome. Thank you
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

I think the change in the perspective in terms of narration would make the book more rounded and more enthralling to the reader. Would love to read this one. Thanks for the great review.
Toca Fonseca
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 129
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-toca-fonseca.html
Latest Review: Randy the Irresistible by S M Goodier

Post by Toca Fonseca »

Edit_or wrote: 04 Apr 2022, 06:29 It’s advisable to be in a relationship with someone who has same basic beliefs as you. The review is awesome. Thank you
I personally believe that as long as the relationship is built on the foundations of love, respect, and trust in each other, the different beliefs aren't the thing that is going to stand in the way. All they need is to be capable to give each other the personal space they need.

Regarding the review, it was really well written and the book seemed to be really good! What got my attention was the different points of view that the book seems to have - really love a book with many POVs to better understand the story.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”