Review of Trailing Redemption

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Sharill Rasowo
In It Together VIP
Currently Reading: Worldlines
Bookshelf Size: 210
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-sharill-rasowo.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Review of Trailing Redemption

Post by Sharill Rasowo »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Trailing Redemption" by Korey J. Krueger.]
Book Cover
3 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Korey J. Krueger's novel Trailing Redemption tells the story of a man who is transported back in time to the time when Jesus walked the earth. Billy is a depressed, unmotivated father and husband who has given up hope in life. When he was younger, his own father died, and he was devastated, leading him to deny the existence of God. On a whim, he looks to the heavens for assistance and is paranormally transported to the New Testament. He will confront challenges such as a language barrier, pure evil, and difficult terrain while there. He aspires to overcome these challenges and grow as a person.

I enjoyed the protagonist's sense of humor. His observations made me laugh out loud at times because they were so amusing. I particularly appreciated the character's development throughout the novel. He went from wallowing in self-pity to accepting his father's death and attempting to better himself. He admitted that his terrible decisions had harmed his friends and family and that he needed to make atonement. The protagonist appeared to have been trapped in a dark tunnel and had finally come out to see the sun.

It was incredible to see Billy retrace Jesus' journey and follow in his footsteps as he performed miracles. The author portrayed the miracles from the perspective of those who had observed and benefited from them, which I felt to be a novel way to review Jesus' miracles. I was glad Billy found a confidant and friend in Balthazar because it allowed him to realize how much he had been losing out on all these years.

The rushed ending was the only aspect of the book that I didn't like. We didn't get to know Billy's family very well, and I wish the author had spent more time delving into his transformation. The novel would have been more intriguing if his family's reactions to his changes had been included. However, this did not detract from my overall enjoyment of the book.

I rate this book 3 out of 4 stars because it was enjoyable to read. I liked how the author introduced us to Jesus' miracles by telling us about them through anecdotes from those who had personally witnessed them. I only saw one typo in the entire book, thus it appeared to be well-edited. People who appreciate time travel stories would enjoy this book. I believe it would also appeal to those seeking a fresh perspective on Jesus' miracles.

Trailing Redemption
View: on Bookshelves
Gnex_09
Favorite Book: The Prodigy Slave, Book One: Journey to Winter Garden
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 17
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gnex-09.html
Latest Review: Marc Marci by Larry G. Goldsmith

Post by Gnex_09 »

People tend to deny the existence of God when things stop going their way. Actually, it is not easy to trust God when you no longer see any reason to exist
Akinola John
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinola-john.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler

Post by Akinola John »

When problems occur in life someone tends to deny the existence of God just as in the case of Billy. The book seems interesting. Great review.
Itz Savaga
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 70
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bright-ukaegbu.html
Latest Review: Parent-Child Guide To Coping with Anxiety by Dessy Marinova

Post by Itz Savaga »

Denying the existence of God when we face challenges or when we think we found the truth through research, that is the worst thing that can happen to a man. This story sounds interesting and I would love to have a read. Great review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I usually enjoy stories about time travel, but this one doesn’t seem to have the experience almost always associated with them. I do appreciate Billy’s difficulty in dealing with the loss of his father, however his belief seems based on sight not on faith.
Okoye Chinonso+
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Author: Spare Time Novels
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 90
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chinonso-okoye.html
Latest Review: Yonder's Quest by Kyle Robertson
fav_author_id: 156444

Post by Okoye Chinonso+ »

As a believer, I won't lie, but sometimes it gets so hard that we not only doubt the existence of GOD, we even question our existence and the reason we were born. Sometimes, it gets so difficult to continue but I want to also say: The times it feels like nothing is working in your plan or everything is going against your favour, that moment is when your faith needs to be the strongest, that is when you need to believe. Thanks for the wonderful review, keep at it.
I believe that great success is possible in any field - From music to mathematics to macro trading.
Ifesi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 36
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ifesi.html
Latest Review: Timewise by Robert Leet

Post by Ifesi »

I hope people can learn from this story. Thanks for an amazing review!
Christopherio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 27
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-christopherio.html
Latest Review: Bama Boy by Bobby Morrison

Post by Christopherio »

elevating one's sense of purpose is therapeutic and recommended for people like billy who feel like all is lost and need to find their reason and purpose. I recommend this book to Christians and believers.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”