Review of About the Sky and Its Secrets

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Bertha Jackson
Bookshelves Moderator
Favorite Book: Launchpad Republic: America's Entrepreneurial Edge and Why It Matters
Currently Reading: The Newton Code
Bookshelf Size: 758
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-bertha-jackson.html
Latest Review: Life at the Precipice by R.F. Vincent

Review of About the Sky and Its Secrets

Post by Bertha Jackson »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "About the Sky and Its Secrets" by Jillian Rose.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

About the Sky and Its Secrets is Book 2 in the Carrying the Moon series by Jillian Rose. Selena is spiritual and knows what she believes. She believes we are part of the Universe, our lives are controlled by memory threads of what has happened in the past, and there is a future after death. Arun is scientific and believes what he knows. He believes that science controls our lives, and there is no evidence that anything exists after death. Selena and Arun fall in love, and Selena thinks they are soul mates. Arun believes that they must live and experience life to its fullest because once we are dead, we are dead. They decide to have an open relationship where they can love others. They promise to let each other be part of their experiences. Will their polyamorous relationship be successful and make them happy? Is life full of paradoxes? Is the past important to the present? Can two opposite personality types be soul mates?

Although this book is part of a series, it can be read alone. Jillian Rose has done a fantastic job moving between Selena and Arun’s points of view and those of a spiritual being. She demonstrates how their personalities were developed from the moment of their births. Their memory threads show how life events affected them and made them into the people they become. She explains the difference between conscious and unconscious relationships and how jealousy creates chaos. This thought-provoking book gave me a lot to think about for a long time. For example, do some people create chaos for their enjoyment? Are we just a pile of ashes after death, or is there more? Do we miss opportunities for joy and growth by not embracing moments in our life?

This book has no negative aspects. Although it discusses spirituality, it also discusses the scientific aspects of life. It has a well-written, smooth-flowing, and moderate-paced plot. This book is not a fast read because of the thought-provoking ideologies, but it kept me intrigued throughout the pages.

I can safely say that this book has been professionally edited because it only has a handful of minor errors that a professional editor could have easily overlooked. I am happy to give this book 4 out of 4 stars. There is no reason to give this book a lower rating.

Mature readers of romance and mystery are the targeted audience to whom I would recommend this book. Sensitive and younger readers need to be aware that this book contains non-borderline profanity and sexual content that may make it inappropriate for them.

About the Sky and Its Secrets
View: on Bookshelves
Bertha R. Jackson :D
Book Reviewer at OnlineBookClub.org
Blessing E
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 31
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-e.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Blessing E »

A book laced with romance and mystery. I appreciate well written reviews. This is because it gives me an idea of how to structure my reviews subsequently. Thanks teaching me what a good review is. And congratulations for having your review published.
Akinola John
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 50
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-akinola-john.html
Latest Review: Running the Sahara by Marcel Nickler

Post by Akinola John »

This book seems interesting. This book talks about science and how it changes our life. Thanks for the great review.
Halgate95
Currently Reading: Adrift
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-halgate95.html
Latest Review: Bar Maid by Daniel Roberts

Post by Halgate95 »

Even though you mentioned the book can be read as a standalone novel, I kind of want to read the prequel first. Thanks for the review, I'd love to explore the good blend of science and spirituality in this book.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

As far as I’m concerned, the answer to every question in your first set is yes. Everyone is entitled to their own opinion and just because I don’t happen to agree doesn’t make it wrong.
Gideon Olomofe
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 39
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-gideon-olomofe.html
Latest Review: An autopsy with a smile by Snejana Danwell

Post by Gideon Olomofe »

The plot of this book is interesting. I really want to explore the mixing of spiritual phase of life and the scientific phase in the book. Well done for the honest review.
Ruth Frances A
Book of the Month Participant
Favorite Book: Rescuing General Patton
Currently Reading: Desperate Season
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruth-frances-a.html
Latest Review: Lucky by Spare Time Novels
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Ruth Frances A »

Opposites attract, do they? This is my immediate thought from this review. A spiritual Selena and a scientific Arun. What gives? Can they be soul mates with such huge differences? Do personalities develop from birth? I am intrigued and will read this book.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”