Review of Miranda Writes

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Review of Miranda Writes

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Miranda Writes" by Gail Ward Olmsted.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Miranda Writes, a contemporary novel by Gail Ward Olmsted, tells the story of a woman doing all she can and even putting her job at risk to make sure a sexual molester receives the justice he deserves.

A former Assistant District Attorney, Miranda Quinn, received a phone call from a witness who had made her lose her job by not appearing in court to testify. Becky, the witness, had called and claimed she was ready to testify against Kane, who had just committed another crime. Miranda was surprised to hear her voice and decided to see her. Even though she plans to host a TV show for her blog, which has now become a podcast, she was ready to help put the criminal behind bars. Things were not going as easy as expected. Her life and job were also at risk along the line, as she was threatened, and her TV show was on the verge of collapsing. But will Miranda continue to risk her life and job to ensure this criminal doesn't cause any more harm? Or will she abandon everything and focus on her job? I hope you will read the book and find out.

The book is a present-day novel with a lot of mind-triggering events. The main character, Miranda Quinn, is a prosecutor who is not part of the criminal justice system but is working in private practice, trying to find civil justice. Her client is accused wrongly, and she seeks justice on behalf of her client while getting caught in some events that could ruin her financial life and put her life at risk. The style employed by the author to develop her character was exciting, especially for legal practitioners.

I like that the book has some legal twists, making the readers not know what to expect.

I liked the main character, Miranda, and how she almost risked all she had to help her client receive proper justice. She is a lovable character.

Based on my enjoyment of the book and the absence of multiple errors, I would like to rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. The book seemed professionally edited. I would gladly recommend this book to lovers of contemporary novels with a bit of a legal twist.

Miranda Writes
View: on Bookshelves
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

Miranda Quinn character is worthy of emulating her struggle to get justice at any cost. Great review
ellimctreph
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 26
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ellimctreph.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by ellimctreph »

A good law story with an emotional background is always a good read.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”