Review of The Apocalypse Game

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Praise GodWord
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 172
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-praise-godword.html
Latest Review: Retirement Planning by William C. Evergreen

Review of The Apocalypse Game

Post by Praise GodWord »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Apocalypse Game" by DC Smith.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

The Apocalypse Game: Book One by DC Smith is a sci-fi book that pictures "Man" in his mock-god status. The quest for more knowledge and boundless abilities drives the world of science, and every single invention aims to explore a certain ability or possibility. A group of science enthusiasts was involved in an invention that resulted in many soulless babies with high intellectual abilities. For some reason, the group coordinator ordered the destruction of all inventions. All but one seemed successfully destroyed; the chronicles of this element are the focus of this book.

Jonas Gredas is the last surviving evidence of a scientific invention to create babies that grow with very high IQ and hyper-performance. Due to his inhibited development, he grew to be regarded as an alien in the world he lives in. His difference is what becomes an advantage for him in this world. But is the world ready for the change he brings?

This book gives you chills and mixed feelings. The chills come at the thought of the possibilities of what artificial intelligence can achieve. The mixed feelings are evoked when you can’t decide which character to support throughout the story. Is it innocent but witty Jonas or the world which doesn’t recognize him as human and seeks to end his quest for scientific inventions? How would you like to imagine a world left in the hands of artificial intelligence built by the hands of humans? The thought of what would happen is sure to keep you on your toes, which I loved about this book. Hela gaining control of Jonas shows that much more was bound to happen if artificial intelligence gained such control as the author portrayed in the book.

The book is one where you soak, snack, and slide through, and for me, the well-articulated narrative from chapter to chapter kept me going; you’ll find yours when you read through. My best review is that I have no negative points about the book; I hope to read more soon.

The book's thrill and suspense leave me no choice but to rate my best. I rate this book 4 out of 4 stars. It appears professionally edited since it contains a few errors. I recommend this book to sci-fi lovers, science enthusiasts, lovers of weird and impossible experiments, and artificial intelligence enthusiasts. Are you looking at having a mind-blowing imagination of almost impossible depths of science? You are welcome to read The Apocalypse Game: Book One.

The Apocalypse Game
View: on Bookshelves
Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading: The Last Imprint
Bookshelf Size: 211
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ntokozo-joy-ndlovu.html
Latest Review: The MISOGI Method by Jody B. Miller
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Ntokozo Joy Ndlovu »

Sometimes when i read sci-fi i cannot help but feel it might be a prediction of what the future holds. Are we ready for super smart babies that are almost alien-like in intelligence? Sounds like a super enthralling book that is gripping. I really enjoyed reading your review.
Emidio Inocencio
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 33
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-emidio-inocencio.html
Latest Review: Diamond J&G Manor Parlay Gambling House by Sylvie L Gionet
2024 Reading Goal: 50
2024 Goal Completion: 2%

Post by Emidio Inocencio »

Super smart babies... I am definitely going to read this book. The review is very insightful.
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
fav_author_id: 3039

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

Sci-fi shows the possibilities of science and sometimes also the limits. Of course the thought of leaving this world in the hands of not humans is scary.
Good review.
Jydel
Favorite Book: Harry Potter and the Chamber of Secrets
Currently Reading: Diary of a wimpy kid
Bookshelf Size: 130
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-jydel.html
Latest Review: Deadly Waters: The Vietnam Naval War And Its Aftermath by Randy Miller

Post by Jydel »

The Apocalypse Game sounds thrilling from the review given. The world of science has really advanced and that's where we are all heading. It would do us good to think about the consequences of some of our experiments.
Faisal Kurfi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 101
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-faisal-kurfi.html
Latest Review: Winners and Losers: by Arthur Hartz
Reading Device: 1400697484

Post by Faisal Kurfi »

Super smart babies? That's new. Your review caught my attention and therefore hope to read this book. Thank you.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”