Review of The Drop and the Glop

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Blessing Odii
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 67
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-blessing-odii.html
Latest Review: The Proximity of Stars by Benedict Stuart

Review of The Drop and the Glop

Post by Blessing Odii »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "The Drop and the Glop" by Sanjiv Saran.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

This book was a complex novel featuring three unlike characters, bound together by the strings of fate. Yara, a teenage girl who had her early life in the East Pakistan mountains with her nomadic family, is forced to face the cruel reality of hurt and anger after losing two of her loved ones to the hands of who she believed was an ungrateful Indian, whom her family helped. Fueled with anger and vengeance, she joined the Pakistan army in a plot to infiltrate India to avenge her loved ones, thereby igniting her thirst for revenge. Vikram, a young graduate from New Delhi, suffers a heartbreak from his love. On his path to finding healing and truth, he crosses paths with Yara. Zulfikar Ali Bhutto, a Pakistan foreign minister, who aspires to be president, is the third character. Humbled by work and family, Zulfikar has to choose how to struggle to the top. These three characters are all seeking completion in their lives. Will they find it? Or have they been chasing shadows all this while?

The Drop and the Glop by Sanjiv Saran is a socio-political novel about the Indo-Pakistan War over Kashmir and the division of East Pakistan, now Bangladesh. Although fiction, The Drop and the Glop relate very well with history. Every great vision or country goes through a trial at some point in time. The bond of nationalism, unity, loyalty, and perseverance of citizens is constantly tested.

The Drop and the Glop is an action novel. The quests, suspense, and love made me very anxious in reading the book. At first, the story seemed to have a predictable end, but right at the edge of my suspicion, the story took a different turn, just like when Vikram got kidnapped because he happened to be with the kidnappers' target at the very wrong time. I liked this feature of the book.

One thing that bothered me while reading was the book's title. I couldn't guess why the writer chose that title. After thorough consideration, I guessed that “The Drop" means the unleashing of an unexpected bombshell in the story, and “The Glop" is the part where I read on in amazement and awe of the writer's wisdom. This is just my opinion.

I also liked that the book was written to fit India's and Pakistan's traditional and modern statuses. It beautifully portrayed the local culture and civilization.

Overall, my rating for the book is 4 out of 4 stars. I didn't dislike anything about the book. It was well written and edited. There were few errors and many thrills. The balance was just perfect in its way.

I recommend this book to inquisitive readers who enjoy suspenseful and exciting novels on war and patriotism. This would be an excellent book for young readers to help develop a sense of maturity and responsibility that the future of their country lies in their tender palms.

The Drop and the Glop
View: on Bookshelves | on Amazon
Paully_
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paully.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by Paully_ »

The book features interesting characters. I would love to know what happened after all and also about the Indo-Pakistan War. Wonderful review.
Kyrian007
Currently Reading: Hard Journey of the Heart: Jesse's Story
Bookshelf Size: 38
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-kyrian007.html
Latest Review: A Dream For Peace by Dr. Ghoulem Berrah

Post by Kyrian007 »

The drop and the glop by Sanjiv Saran Look interesting from the review above and especially because the book is centered on the lives of 3 characters. I will have to read the book to learn more about these characters. Well done on the review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I don’t know much about Pakistani and Indian cultures. I guess I would find out a little by reading this book. I like the fact that there are really only three characters to try and keep track of.
Daniel Oluwabiyi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 24
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-profeddy05.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Daniel Oluwabiyi »

I do not think this book will be for me, considering all the elements contained.
Azubike Richard
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 49
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-azubike-richard.html
Latest Review: Love and Resistance by Marie J. Mond

Post by Azubike Richard »

I watched a lot of movies of Indians and I find their culture very entertaining. I would read the book to more about them. Congratulations on your nice review
Oyedeji Funmilayo
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 105
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-oyedeji-funmilayo.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel

Post by Oyedeji Funmilayo »

I don't like complicated books But I enjoyed your review and might read the book if I have the chance to. Welldone!!!
EVERLASTING 22
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-everlasting-22.html
Latest Review: The Fox by M. N. J. Butler

Post by EVERLASTING 22 »

This book appears to be a worthwhile read. But it appears to be somewhat complex. I would attempt it.
Uwe Neufeld
Favorite Author: Aleksandr Solzhenitsyn
Favorite Book: Treasure Island
Currently Reading: Reconfigurement
Bookshelf Size: 52
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-uwe-neufeld.html
Latest Review: Man Mission by Eytan Uliel
fav_author_id: 3039

Post by Uwe Neufeld »

I wonder what one girl and one young men have to do with a cabinet minister. Maybe I should read the book to find out.
Madu Abigail
Currently Reading: The Unseelie Crown
Bookshelf Size: 23
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-madu-abigail.html
Latest Review: Bluewater Walkabout by Tina Dreffin

Post by Madu Abigail »

From my experience I can tell that this book is going to be a great read. Nice review.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

From the plot, one can know that the book is going to be very interesting. Thanks for a great review!
Yasmine M
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 150
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-yasmine-m.html
Latest Review: Opaque by Calix Leigh-Reign
2024 Reading Goal: 25
2024 Goal Completion: 20%

Post by Yasmine M »

The plot is quite interesting and it seems that the story is deep. I will also try to find out the meaning of the title, The Drop &The Glop, while reading it. Great review

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”