Review of Salty Tears

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
Roy Nick
Book of the Month Participant
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 323
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-roy-nick.html
Latest Review: East of Troost by Ellen Barker

Review of Salty Tears

Post by Roy Nick »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "Salty Tears" by Alisha Moore.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Kesha is yet to come to terms with the death of her mother. A few years later, her billionaire father, David Williams, marries Tameka. Tameka does not like Kesha and her elder sister, Nicole. Following the death of their mother, the two sisters have been distant.

Then one night, the authorities knocked on Mr. David’s door and delivered to him the devastating news of her daughter, Nicole. She was involved in a fatal accident. She dies in hospital while undergoing treatment. While David and Tameka mourn the loss, a private investigator, John Stalling, comes with some strange news. He claims Nicole’s murder could be foul play. Back in the house, David’s business partner and old friend, Uncle Tee, is left with Kesha. A man supposed to care for her drugs and defiles her! Days later, Kesha goes missing. When John Stalling investigates further, what he discovers is disconcerting!

The author diffuses the introductory part with the familiarization of the characters. I found it a bit overwhelming, given that Moore introduces so many of them simultaneously. It was easy to get confused. Then, the story starts to pick pace when John Stalling gets involved. There seemed to be a conspiracy, and I yearned to follow the lead until the end.

There are a few religious twists every time and again. The biblical quotations are about maintaining unswerving faith in God because He can help you in all situations. Kesha had her hopes up that something worthwhile would turn up. Also, she was confident her miserable position was only temporary. In addition, she says a prayer to ease her worries.

I loved reading how Kesha coped with the messed-up situation and her pervert prisoner. She did not give up on the fact that she’d be free one day. Then Kesha encounters a fellow lady, an immigrant who suffered the same fate. Jointly, they comfort each other and devise a way of handling their present state of affairs. I disliked nothing. I rate the book 4 out of 4 stars.

The book is professionally edited because there were only a few typos and grammatical flaws. When the author insisted the book has graphic content, I imagined it’d be extreme. There was nothing too gory to make me squirm. Nevertheless, I do not recommend the work to anyone below 18 years. I recommend Salty Tears by Alisha Moore to anyone interested in books about human trafficking, family matters, and the loss of loved ones.

Salty Tears
View: on Bookshelves
Paully_
Currently Reading: 30th Century: Escape (First Edition)
Bookshelf Size: 21
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-paully.html
Latest Review: Red Endures the Test of Time by Thomas Fullmer

Post by Paully_ »

I admire Kesha's positive outlook and faith. Parents should beware of individuals like Uncle Tee. Nicely written review.
Abdulrahman Alidriga
Favorite Book: Apollo's Raven
Currently Reading: The Raven Conspiracy
Bookshelf Size: 69

Post by Abdulrahman Alidriga »

Its not easy .it must be salty tears but i admire Kesha's faith. Parents should beware of their children. Leaving them in such a miserable stuition .how can a billionare leave children to stupid individuals like Uncle tee?.
Ruthwriter
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 53
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ruthwriter.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Ruthwriter »

Life is not always easy for children when the mother passes away, especially when the father remarried. The book is very rich in content. great review.
Waliyat_24
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 55
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-waliyat-24.html
Latest Review: Bi-Polaroid by David Samuelson

Post by Waliyat_24 »

This is an awesome review, and seems to have some twist in it. Not everyone are good enough to babysit children. Parents should beware of people like that.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: Time Before Time
Bookshelf Size: 1015
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Zona II by Fred G. Baker
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

There is always someone able to understand what has happened to you and sometimes that is unfortunate. I’m glad that Kesha could find someone to commiserate with in the Indian woman.
Ada Chris
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 11
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ada-chris.html
Latest Review: Hunger of the Pine by Teal Swan

Post by Ada Chris »

This review is well written, it’s not easy for children to cope after the loss of their parents, parents should also be mindful of who they leave their children with,I’m definitely going to read this book, it’s a book that creates awareness on human trafficking, sexual assault and child abuse, I would recommend the book to adults of age and parents should advice their children on speaking up when they are going through any assault
Lawrence+2
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 74
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-lawrence-2.html
Latest Review: The Ranting of an Uneducated Reactionary by Oscar J. Phillips

Post by Lawrence+2 »

This storyline is well develops and the review did justice to that. Nice work.
Chiwendu Ikechukwu
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 71
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-chiwendu-ikechukwu.html
Latest Review: E M P Honeymoon by Dorothy May Mercer

Post by Chiwendu Ikechukwu »

from this review, i believe this is a powerful book. will be adding it to my chelf for letter reading.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”