Review of From Hell 2 Heaven Through The Eyes Of A P.I.

Please use this sub-forum to discuss any fiction books or series that do not fit into one of the other categories. If the fiction book fits into one the other categories, please use that category instead.
Forum rules
Authors and publishers are not able to post replies in the review topics.
nwankwo chibuchi
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 46
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-nwankwo-chibuchi.html
Latest Review: Cat Detectives in the Korean Peninsula by R.F. Kristi

Review of From Hell 2 Heaven Through The Eyes Of A P.I.

Post by nwankwo chibuchi »

[Following is an official OnlineBookClub.org review of "From Hell 2 Heaven Through The Eyes Of A P.I." by Bill Perry.]
Book Cover
4 out of 4 stars
Share This Review

Stress may be a known part of human life that everyone copes with; however, Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome is considered to be fatal and harms not just an individual but a family and society at large. Hence there is a need for proper sensitization on the topic. Bill Perry, through this book, provides more than enough sensitization on this subject. In From Hell 2 Heaven: Through the Eyes of a P.I., Bill Perry, who is a private investigator, creates the story of the husband of a client that had PTSD. Nadia was the wife of a veteran, Murdock Grey, who returned from the Afghanistan war with PTSD. Soon the effect of the syndrome started on the family and caused harm. Find out how that affected their family in the long run.

The book exposes the plight of most American soldiers who had gone through the horrors of the war, meeting great obstacles and losing important buddies. These veterans most times return home shaken, injured, and emotionally wrecked. Trying to manage all of that causes PTSD. Through the book, the causes, symptoms, and solutions of PTSD are revealed.

From Hell 2 Heaven: Through the Eyes of a P.I. had a few parts I considered my favorites. Firstly, I loved the author's writing style; he used an interesting story to pass a crucial and sensitive message a lot of authors don't write about well enough. The book generally motivates self-development, especially as it concerns getting people to open up when in need of emotional help and getting the help they desire. The author added helpful tips to the book for the growth of everyone in every facet of life but with particular emphasis on PTSD, as no one is immune to the syndrome. I also loved that the book was concise and straight to the point, narrating the typical life of a PTSD patient. I learnt about the workings of the war and the life of members of the armed forces. The different characters in the book reflected different personality traits and how humans reacted to problems, which was a good illustration of life. More so, the book's arrangement was designed with topical chapters and ordered to make for an easy and interesting read. The importance of family communication was also stressed in the book.

I found nothing to dislike about this book. I gained a world of knowledge by reading through its pages. Also, it was exceptionally well edited. I have read about PTSD before, but not at the level of depth I experienced with this book.

I will give this book a 4 out of 4 stars rating. I didn't reduce the number of stars because the book is packed with a lot of lessons and it is expertly written.

I recommend the book to lovers of self-help and mental health education books. Anyone who seeks to understand the concept and effects of PTSD will definitely find this book helpful.

From Hell 2 Heaven Through The Eyes Of A P.I.
View: on Bookshelves
Sopulu Ezidimma
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 18
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-ezidimma-01.html
Latest Review: Killing Abel by Michael Tieman

Post by Sopulu Ezidimma »

I didn't know there was a sickness like Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome. Thanks for the informative review.
Amy Luman
Previous Member of the Month
Currently Reading: 2084
Bookshelf Size: 1017
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-amy-luman.html
Latest Review: Time Before Time by Dan DuBose
Reading Device: B00JG8GOWU

Post by Amy Luman »

I should probably read this since I don’t know much about PTSD. I’d like to know how it really affects families and communities.
Shadreck Rogers
Currently Reading:
Bookshelf Size: 20
Reviewer Page: onlinebookclub.org/reviews/by-shadreck-rogers.html
Latest Review: Kalayla by Jeannie Nicholas

Post by Shadreck Rogers »

This book is very educative. Issues about PTSD are very relevant in modern society. Thanks for the review.

Return to “Other Fiction Forum”